Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inexpensive borescope review

USMC 77, USRA 79

Smile Inexpensive borescope review

I thought I would review a inexpensive borescope...

I have been seeing these under 20 bucks all over the place, and beings as I have had mine for almost 2 years, I should review it. It is called the Android borescope. Cost, about 15 bucks...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3765.png 
Views:	169 
Size:	179.0 KB 
ID:	199145

What comes in the box?

Name:	IMG_3756.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	199146

You get a 3 meter long camera on a stiff cable with led lighting, a couple of USB adapters for use with a laptop or android powered phone or tablet, a funny looking wire spring thing for grabbing things down the drain, and a mirrored adaptor for looking sideways instead of straight on.

The camera fits nicely now a 22 cal barrel or larger, but will not fit down an .17 HMR.
    Installation in a laptop is pretty straightforward. With the drivers coming on a mini-cd.

Once installed, you will find a new icon on your desktop.. plug in the camera into a USB port and click the icon and you are in business. There is a rotary dial on the side of the cable that allows you to control the brightness of the LED's, as well and a button that allows you to take snapshots of what you see on the screen.

FUnction..

I must admit, I wasn't expecting much for under 20 bucks. But my expections were shattered when I found a totally functional, easy to use borescope. With a bit of practice, I was taking pictures of my chambers, and my inner ear..lol here are some examples...

Name:	IMG_3753.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	199147 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3752.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	199149

Name:	IMG_3755.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	199150 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3763.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	199151

Wanna see if you are engaging the lands on O.A.L. Just pop in your round, engage the safety, and you have this... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3762.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	199152

Now, mind you, remember that this thing cost under 20 bucks, so I don't jump rope with it, or let the wife play with it, but it has held up for nearly 2 years already. I am sure that if I care for it, don't drop it or step on it, I should get a few more years out of it.. it does tend to get warm on the tip at full light power, but at full light power, there is a lot of glare so you rarely use the full power setting... but for getting a good idea of the inner working of your chamber or forcing cone, this thing works great... did I mention that it's waterproof? So when your wife drops her ring down the sink, you will be the hero when you strap on the spring tool and are able to get her ring back without redoing the plumbing... it's a win win no brainer. This is one of those tools, like a digital scale, that you resisted getting, but once gotten, you wonder how you survived without it...

do yourself a favor, grab one for 20 bucks... you won't be sorry

Marko

P.S. Please bear in mind, the pics in this review are pictures taken with my IPad of my laptop screen, and do not do the image quality justice. He real pic's are very useable, but not HD.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Where are the pictures of your ear? 😅

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

USMC 77, USRA 79

Now THAT is a bit personal, don't you think?

I just knew that some wierdo would wanna see me without earplugs in...

ive thought about getting one of those myself, glad to see a review of one.
    Thanks

Boolit Bub
    Wow! Never knew it even existed. Will be picking one up soon. I can think of dozens of times I wished I had one.

Sent from my K011 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I got one and was surprised at how good I could see but was frustrated trying to keep the lens in the center of the bore so the image remained symmetrical. So I drilled a hole through the primer pocket, on an appropriate sized/modified piece of brass for the bore of the gun, just a touch big then wrapped a cleaning patch around the lens to keep the lens centered and it worked like a charm.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

I bought a inexpensive endoscope on line for $14.99 and it hooked right up to my lap top. It also has the camera function. I'm not spending hundreds of dollars on a better scope. This one shows me what I need to see.Gp

Boolit Master
    Very Cool!

Thanks for sharing the review!

Ok, subscribed to this thread so I can find it again. Thanks! I NEED a borescope!

Boolit Buddy

Wally World has these for $13.99 and free shipping. Want to see how much copper fouling you've got in a rifle? get one of these and start scrubbing. LOL

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    For the ultra frugal and sickly among us, it looks like you might be able to save some money by giving yourself a colonoscopy as well. Just send the pics to you doctor for evaluation when you're done.

But seriously; this looks like a neat little gadget. I thought that the bulkier Harbor Freight offering was going to be the cheapest we could hope for. This Android Endoscope beats that hands down.

HollowPoint

Boolit Buddy
    Before I bought mine, I researched the daylights out of the various offerings; and never did I see one with a right angle mirror attachment. This was about 2 years ago.

That mirror is exactly what you need to examine the chamber and bore, just looking up the bore doesn't have the same results....

USMC 77, USRA 79

Hey hollow point... good luck getting Obamacare to pay for that self done colonoscopy... if you wanna be creative, you can prolly have your prostrate exam done as well... .

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    Hey hollow point... good luck getting Obamacare to pay for that self done colonoscopy... if you wanna be creative, you can prolly have your prostrate exam done as well... .
    Call the IRS they'll do it for free!

Boolit Buddy

For those looking and not finding here's the Wally World link to the 5.5mm Android endoscope.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ktaxon-3-...mera/936760554

2shot

Vendor Sponsor

2shot ....Thanks for the heads up ..
    snagged one
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Banned
    I use a bore scope plugged into a tablet and wire it to my progressive reloading press (get a bolt the size of the scope and put a couple wraps of wire around it then just slide the scope in the loops then wire it to a couple dies bent to look into the cases after filled with powder) to view the powder in the case before seating a bullet.

Boolit Buddy
    2shot, thanks for the link. Ordered 2, one for a friend and mine. That's the first time I saw a 5.5mm diameter one. Mine was 7mm from last year, that worked for 2/3 of my guns. This small one will work on the 1/3, 22 caliber ones. Has the 60 degree side angle thang too. They're down to $12.99....Hurry, only 3 left.

Those won't work with an Apple phone, this one will. A little more expensive, has a wireless connection to the phone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WIFI-6LED-8m...gAAOSwdGFYyPci

Boolit Grand Master
    WM is out of stock

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast