Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best all around smokeless powder

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    For 38Special, 40S&W and 10MM. I'm looking for medium to upper medium loads for jacketed bullets in all weights that's clean burning and consistent metering. Looking for 1 powder that does it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    I guess I should have stated that as being one individual powder for each of those three calibers not one for all three together.
    I confess to being a little unclear as to what you were asking for earlier; 1 powder that does it all, vs. one powder for each.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel4k View Post
    I confess to being a little unclear as to what you were asking for earlier; 1 powder that does it all, vs. one powder for each.
    Getting old I guess. I have been reloading for 30+ years but have not had a chance to try any of the latest and greatest. Just didn't know if anyone else has.

Banned

I usually use slower powders in the 10 compared to the 40. My favorite is aa9 in the 10 and powders like power pistol, unique, universal clays ect for 40s for top end loads and AA2,231 for lighter 40 loads. I don't bother with pop gun loads in the 10. Doesn't make sense to me. If I want to shoot a 10 I want to shoot a 10. If I want less I shoot a 40. If I was held down and had to pick one powder to do it all it would probably be power pistol.

Boolit Buddy

I use HP38 for almost all my pistol loads , and it meters well
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

ADMIN

I use unique for all my pistols for the most part.

22 tcm is h110/w296
    300 bo is h1680
    22 hornet is lil gun

But the rest is unique. Its not the cleanest but I got LOTS of it and it works.

For 38Special, 40S&W and 10MM.
    Many years ago I used to load those and 357, 45 ACP and 9mm all with 4.5 grains of 231. Never had to mess with adjusting the powder measure, I used different bullet weights though.

It worked but I really don't use 231 much anymore, in fact the 231 I have is old enough it's from when they put it in metal cans. A jack of all trades is often a master of none.

Limit the .38 to heavy bullet, especially +p, loads and one for all gets very doable.

I've been working on these and the best powders are not the typical .38 fast and medium burners.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Boolit Master
    I use Titegroup for 38+P, 9mm, 45 ACP and light 357 loads. Not the best for every one, but adequate for all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12