Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: Jeff Cooper's Commentaries

Boolit Master

Jeff Cooper's Commentaries

It is too hot around here to do much of anything that doesn't absolutely have to be done, so I was just going through my bookmarks on the browser. Came across "Jeff Cooper's Commentaries". Since I hate to read off the screen, I decided to print them out and put them in book form. I have access to a machine that will punch and bind with plastic combs. I will probably have to make a trip to Sam's or Office Max for ink cartridges before I'm through, but then I can read at my leisure. I had forgotten how opinionated he was and how much my opinions seem to line up with his on many things. Maybe someday my sons will have time to slow down and read them too. I'm going to try to find his books too. Something tells me they will be expensive.

This has nothing to do with cast boolets but I don't think anyone here is one dimensional. I recommend the "Commentaries" highly.

http://harris.dvc.org.uk/jeff/

John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    You might want to consider putting them onto a disc and going to an office supply place that also will make up the type of "book" you are talking about. In my experience they usually work pretty cheaply, based on cost per page. You may find that it is cheaper to do it that way once you figure in the cost of paper, ink cartridges (even if yours is a laser printer), wear on your machine and the time you will spend that can be better used shooting/casting. One other advantage is that if you outsource the job it can be done double sided to make a more compact "book". Just a thought.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master

alamogunr,

Thanks for the link. I like to read online, so I'm going to bookmark this. Opinionated, but completely honest, was the Colonel.

(Whenever I read your handle, I think, "Oh, a San Antonio boy." But Col. Crockett was a Tennessee boy, so I guess it fits anyway.)

Mark

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nueces View Post
    alamogunr,

(Whenever I read your handle, I think, "Oh, a San Antonio boy." But Col. Crockett was a Tennessee boy, so I guess it fits anyway.)

Mark
    I live in Alamo, TN which is in Crockett county. There have been instances where packages for an address here have been sent to San Antonio. Depends on how you write or read TN vs. TX.

Boolit Master
    and all this time I thought our illustrious post office depended on zip codes. go figger...

remeber when there weren't zip codes? penny post cards? three cent stamps?

I can remember when first class stamps and candy bars were a nickel, around 1960, Nowdays first class stamps are 42 cents and nickel candy bars are 89 cents. Maybe it isn't just our illustrious post office we should resent.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by USARO4 View Post
    I can remember when first class stamps and candy bars were a nickel, around 1960, Nowdays first class stamps are 42 cents and nickel candy bars are 89 cents. Maybe it isn't just our illustrious post office we should resent.
    I graduated from HS in 1960 and worked as a construction laborer that summer before going to college. I was paid $1/hr for 10 hrs a day, 6 days a week unless it rained. Then we were sent home. I'm glad I didn't have to support a family on that.
    John
    W.TN