Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: Score!

Boolit Master

Score!

My fishing buddy called today and told me that he's going to give me his Star sizer since he doesn't use it and he knows I will. He's got dies in all the sizes I need and lots of lube.

I think, however that I'm just going to get the NOE adaptor and continue to Hi-Tek or PC my boolits.

So, my question is what do I need to know? I'm thinking I'd like to rig up a chute to drop the boolits down, with my fumble fingers that should speed things up.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Master
    I am not sure why you would need a chute or the NOE adapter. The Star does require a hole to let the sized bullets pass down through the press and supporting piece of board. I use a board with about a 2" block on the left and right side and let the bullets fall into an old aluminum ice cube tray, with the divider removed. Just move the tray an inch once in a while to not stack the bullets up. I am not sure if over time you might find a little of the PC sticking to the die. I have the PC equipment, but have not made that change.

Boolit Master

I have the NOE sizing bushings. I like my boolits .002"oversize. I'm going to put the Star on a Inline Fab mounting plate.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.