Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: zastava rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rebel View Post

I was also planning on taking the action/barrel off and giving the unfinished wood on the inside a coat of epoxy, that way if water does get in there it wont soak in and cause warping.

does that sound like an ok idea ?

FWIW, ever since I slipped & fell into a 12" deep puddle with a Remington one Winter over 30 years ago, and ruined the stock finish because the water entered & expanded the wood via the raw wood under the buttplate. I've removed EVERYTHING from the stocks of "new-to-me" guns that wasn't wood, and laid Tru-oil or thinned epoxy onto the un-finished surface normally hidden when the gun is assembled, until the wood would not accept additional sealer.

I let it dry/cure a few days before re-assembling/shooting/hunting, and have never had a problem since.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rebel View Post
    wow.... so good reviews on both zastava and CZ, I cant find a zastava in 9.3 X62 in the usa and since it is what I have really wanted all along, I am still going with the CZ550FS 9.3X62
    Pity you are not in Australia, I have a new unfired Stainless Steel 9.3x62 Zastava with Leupold bases and rings and an unopened set of Hornady dies for 2/3rds of the current new price of a bare rifle. I just have too many rifles to start playing with this calibre (a 358Win, 3x 375H&Hs, a 375Win, a 416Rigby, a 458WM, a 444, several 45/70s and 3x 338WMs). How many medium / large bore rifles does an old fart that has trouble walking up hills need?
    Last edited by Four Fingers of Death; 08-26-2017 at 05:07 AM.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Quote Originally Posted by Minuteshaver View Post
    most forget that Zastava made rifles for CZ under contract.
    We'll need proof of that statement.
    Best, Thomas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It is quite possible, they are both distributed by Winchester in most parts of the world as are Beretta and a lot of other brands.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Wait a minute. FN owns Browning and Winchester. Beretta owns Sako,Benelli,Uberti and Stoeger. I'm confused.

Beretta, Zastava, Sako, CZ and Stoeger are distributed here by Winchester, as they are in many parts of the world.

I learn here. Thanks FFOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I learn here. Thanks FFOD!

We all know a bit and together we all learn.

Boolit Master
    I learn something new everyday! I have one in 270, and the action is as slick as greased lightning. It's been my main deer rifle for 10yrs, and it has never let me down. Of course I shoot 130gr. jacket bullets in it, over a dose of H4831. That's the first load I tried, and it works so if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by izzyjoe View Post
    I learn something new everyday! I have one in 270, and the action is as slick as greased lightning. It's been my main deer rifle for 10yrs, and it has never let me down. Of course I shoot 130gr. jacket bullets in it, over a dose of H4831. That's the first load I tried, and it works so if it ain't broke don't fix it!
    With all the hoo-har about the new high tech and heavy bullets, the good old 130Gn out of a 270 has probably put more meat in the freezer than most cartridge / bullet combinations over the years.

Boolit Master
    It's worked for me a dozen times!

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Well, today I joined the Zastava club. The fun store had a pre-owned but unfired 85 in .223 for $375.00 so I layawayed it. Anybody have experience with these little rifles? I've always wanted a lightweight .223 bolt action with sights and this one seems just right.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

In Remembrance

FergusonTO35, I had a model 85 in 22 Hornet and was quite happy with it. I picked it up to try the whole Hornet thing as I had never had one, I got rid of it because I was offered a deal I couldn't pass up and no fault of the rifle.

Boolit Master
    To the OP.
    Take a look at the Interarms Whitworth Mausers.
    They are no longer available new. They are very nice rifles for the money. The most common caliber is the .375 H&H.
    EDG

My nephew has a Chas Daly Mini Mauser rebarreled to 6x45. He won't sell it to me!

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Well, today I joined the Zastava club. The fun store had a pre-owned but unfired 85 in .223 for $375.00 so I layawayed it. Anybody have experience with these little rifles? I've always wanted a lightweight .223 bolt action with sights and this one seems just right.
    I bought one at Cabela's a couple of years ago. The thing shot pretty good one minute, then would act like a shotgun the next. Finally bought a borescope and found out a chunk of 1 land is simply missing about mid-barrel. Planning to rebarrel it in 300 blackout when I get to it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0001.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	214651
    Hope your experience is better than mine was. Seems like if there is a rifle in the store with a bad barrel, I'll gravitate to it every time.
    Last edited by Hannibal; 02-20-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Oh wow, that's awful. Glad I bought it from my favorite dealer, he will make it right even if the factory won't.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Banned
    anyone have luck getting a zastava lately? I cant get the company to respond to repeated emails and the only one whos considered an official importer is Century, and they are "backordered" indefinitely and have no ability to give an idea on if they'll get more.

Last time I looked, the Century website showed they were in stock. Century may be working hard to get more "assault" weapons imported in anticipation of another election/legislative panic.

Banned
    the AKs they make are really nice compared to many domestic brands, the issue is that id rather have one of those big nice fancy semi auto rifles they make in 8x57 or 7.62x51 or 7.62x54r

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast