RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photobucket just shot themself!

Vendor Sponsor

Angry Photobucket just shot themself!

Just noticed the 10 years worth of pics I have posted here now all show a photobucket error

9mm and 125 grain cast boolit core

This is not me deleting my photobucket account, this is photobuck holding all their customers ransom for the price of $400 each per year! Are they kidding! Their service sucked when it was free. For that last couple years I have been using a different photo hosting site and will continue to post new photos but...... man! 10 plus years of millions of photos posted on thousands of web sites like this now lost and held for ransom. I hope they die! Screw them. Sorry to say I will not be paying $400 a year for their lousy service.

Just one more reason I guess that I need my own website with pics.

I still have all the pics that where posted here but to repost them would and will take years......

Obviously I do not recommend anyone here signing up with photo bucket.

Let photo bucket die!

What a loss of valuable and informative pics all across the web! I had over 1,000 pics on PB and the moajority of them where linked to this swage forum.

Maybe they will come to their senses but I doubt it.

Remember when the web was free, usfull and informative. Not any more, all about that dollar by making use watch annoying adds and popups.

Brian
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Boolit Buddy

BT, I feel your pain but why not just insert the photos in your message and upload to CB? They will be here as long as the admins keep the servers running!
    Zbench

Vendor Sponsor

yep... could have done that.... I suppose but......
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Boolit Master
    A lot of folks that I know quit using them several years ago.They refer to it as"Phartobucket".
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Vendor Sponsor

Yep, I stopped using them too couple years ago but at least all my pics/links where active.

Oh-well..... all is not lost..... but.....I can imagine there are others too that have had their informative and helpful pics to "step by step" online/forums info suddenly be without the helpful pics.......

so, anyone recommend a good web hosting site?

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Quote Originally Posted by BT Sniper View Post
    Yep, I stopped using them too couple years ago but at least all my pics/links where active.

Oh-well..... all is not lost..... but.....I can imagine there are others too that have had their informative and helpful pics to "step by step" online/forums info suddenly be without the helpful pics.......

so, anyone recommend a good web hosting site?

BT
    http://postimage.io/
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Vendor Sponsor

Yep... I saw postimage had good reviews. I have been using Imgur for the last couple years and so far happy with the results.

How about a "web page" hosting site? Anyone like one better then another?

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zbench View Post
    BT, I feel your pain but why not just insert the photos in your message and upload to CB? They will be here as long as the admins keep the servers running!
    I thought we were limited to a certain MB of photos uploaded?

Banned
    Yup, check into getting your own website. May not be as expensive as you think. I had a free one in the form of a dns server for about 6 years. I quit it when they wanted $25 per year. They are still really cheap. You will have to learn a little about web sites but you can put as many photos on it as your computer will hold...all for free. The name of the company is/was DynDns. I have been thinking about purchasing it since. It sure was handy to have a place to put all my stuff that was accessible by anyone I wanted to get it or myself on any computer. It looks like they want $40 per year now. There must be others here who have it. Maybe they could comment on it also. Here is the website:
    http://dyn.com/remote-access/?_bt=20...BCOBoCCmLw_wcB

BT Sniper, are you sure that wasn't one of those damn pop-up's on photobucket? They have so much spam ad's and pop-up's it's unbelievable, but I just checked my account and I'm not getting that, all my pics are there. Some time ago I did take the time to download a copy of all my pics, I have a ton of them starting years ago when they were new. I just tried downloading albums and even though it's glitchy I was able to download albums.
    Be careful what you wish for!

Yep, you're not the only one.... Hmmmmm $400 a year, or $100 for a 1 Tetra-bite storage? Only problem is, Alot of pages require you to have account with them or similar to uploads photos..

Seems a lot of members here also use photo bucket. The last 3 posts I have just read contain the photo bucket non images.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Seems you were sleeping over the weekend if you just found out. That's not a dig or insult. There are multiple threads about the issue here. But the internet in general blew up over the weekend because of this.

I have all of my pics on a hard drive. But they aren't reduced in size for posting. So I've been trying to download my albums off PB. All types of problems and it's very slow when the download actually happens. I've already deleted close to 2,000 pics from the site. I used the service, paid member, from its inception so this is a huge smack in the face. I'm not going to attempt to fix all the threads my pics are in. A huge portion of all Internet forums just became useless because of this.

Boolit Master
    I wouldn't trust any of those sites. They'll all be "free" until you get your whole life on them, and then comes the ransom note. Mwah-Hah-Hah-Hahhhh!!!!

I can't see why anyone bothered with Photobucket anyway. When you went to the site, the pictures were as small or smaller than when they were posted here. Putting them in here directly as Thumbnails allows the picture to be enlarged and the detail seen.

When you have too many pictures for your allotted space here, you can remove them yourself as you see fit to make room for new ones.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bent Ramrod View Post
    I can't see why anyone bothered with Photobucket anyway. When you went to the site, the pictures were as small or smaller than when they were posted here. Putting them in here directly as Thumbnails allows the picture to be enlarged and the detail seen.
    Because people use multiple forums and web sites. Storing pics here is great if this is the only forum you use. But having to upload pics to multiple forums gets tiresome. Deleting pics also breaks the links. This is what causes problems w/ DIY and pic intensive threads. I've been paying them for years so it certainly wasn't a free site that I was "taking advantage of".

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    A huge portion of all Internet forums just became useless because of this.
    Yes. I'm going to lose some tutorial and instructional threads that took me quite a while to compose.
    I'm downloading my albums now. It is slow. I guess there are a LOT of other people doing the same thing.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    BT Sniper - tell us how you really feel... Yeah it really sucks. Makes me wonder if they are about to totally go down the drain and hope to get some suckers to pay for their going away party before they pull the plug.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    I'm downloading my albums now. It is slow. I guess there are a LOT of other people doing the same thing.
    I gave up last night. I'd download one folder and have to close the browser and start over to download another one. After the sixth folder it wouldn't let me download any more regardless of what I did. All the pics are already on my hard drive. But they aren't the resized photos meant for posting. I will try and get the rest today. So far I've deleted over 2,000 pics and I have another 1,500 to go.

I will fix a few threads and that's it. I have a home improvement thread that chronicles my house over the past decade. I'm not going to go through that one.

Vendor Sponsor

Yep, I was out of town for a week, first cutting of the alfalfa fields and the ground squirrels where every where. Shot over 1k worth of my 22cal bullets from 22lr brass with incredible results.

I was "unplugged" from the internet the whole time, so it was a shock to learn about this PB BS when I got back yesterday.

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by BT Sniper View Post
    SNIP...
    This is not me deleting my photobucket account, this is photobucket holding all their customers ransom for the price of $400 each per year! Are they kidding! Their service sucked when it was free. For that last couple years I have been using a different photo hosting site
    I haven't been effected ...yet?

I'm still using the "free" service, it is still slow, I am constantly clicking OUT OF the popup ads, I usually have to login twice if I am uploading photos, but if I'm just wanting to grab a link from an existing photo hosted there, I don't even login, I just pull up my album without logging in and grab a link.

The photos show in this thread are all photobucket hosted...as well as most all my photos on castboolits.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...p-instructions
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast