WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTS: 31.5 POUNDS of 30 caliber rifle Jword bullets

WTS: 31.5 POUNDS of 30 caliber rifle Jword bullets

I have a load of rifle jword bullets that I will never use. I got these when I bought an older fellow out a few years back for his shotgun presses and these were included. I am a shotgunner and I might squeeze off 100 rifle rounds a year.

On the left you will see the 173gr boattails and on the right are 150gr flat bases. The ones in the small box are also 150gr and the misc bag is just that, misc.

On my scale they are 31.5lbs. Assuming half a pound for the boxes, at 31lbs that is 217,000 grains.

Assuming an average of 160 grains, that's over 1300 bullets.

Using Midway's site as a reference, they offer factory seconds for .20 a bullet. That's over $270 in retail.

I'll sell this lot for $135, or half of that, shipped in the USA in a MFRB. I will do check or MO for this price. First I'lll take it followed by a PM within a half an hour gets it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30cal.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	198950

Boolit Bub
    Interested are they pulls?

Boolit Master
    I will take them

I'll take them per our PM

Ok...just so I am on the level here. I have an odd situation but I am putting it out here to be honest. I don't want to violate the rules of the board.

Mwells PM'ed me with some questions but did not post up he would take them on the thread. We agreed on a price.

I refreshed the page, and in the meantime GARD72977 had posted up he would take them and sent the PM.

By the rules of the listing, I think I should sell them to GARD72977, but the only mistake Mwells made was not posting up he would take them...which he didn't because he had a question.

They both PM'ed me they would take them at 7:43, exactly the same time, but GARD had posted up he would take them on the thread.

What's the ruling here from the admins?

Boolit Master

I am not an Admin and there actually is not an "I'll take it rule" that must be obeyed. Both are great members of this forum.

With all of that said, I would suggest the first clear "I'll take it" posted in the thread should be it. I would lean toward GARD72774 as the better claim.

Boolit Bub
    GARD72977 first I'll take it, followed by PM

Mwells bowed out.

SPF to GARD72977

Very unoffical oppinion/word here.. Would be to sell to the person you made the deal with first. Your questions on what to do about that ill take it came after you sold merchandise and before knowledge of an ill take it existed. At the point you had made a deal to sell, any other offer has does no thave standing as there is nothing to sell. Thats my opinion for what its worth...

If a "the first posted I'll take it" is posted with the original FS post then the first "I'll take it" gets the item(s). If not... well there are plenty of ways to skin a cat. My personal opinion... this is the internet and not an in-person handshake kind of situation... with that being said I support the first POSTED I'll take it on a thread... too many things can happen via PM, one post solves that. My $.02.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

It was all worked out. Luckily the fellow who didn't end up with the deal took it respectfully. I can ask for no more.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by stocker1042 View Post
    It was all worked out. Luckily the fellow who didn't end up with the deal took it respectfully. I can ask for no more.
    Two great members of the forum as buyers and one great member of the forum as seller. How could it go wrong?

I'm so mad I would have beat both of them lol but I had a phone call come in ....yes the ill take it wins
    Dave Biesenbach
    port charlotte fl

Boolit Master
    ive seen folks say ill take it to say it first and then ask a million questions and then back out, ive asked a million questions and missed a deal.

Sounds like it turned out amicably and fairly.

Just wish I would have been the first one to see the post! I can always use cheap 308 J's.

There may be more posted soon. But you can bet I'll PM the guy who lost out first before I post it up here!

Sounds like the right thing to do.

Boolit Master

Sticky situation that turned out without someone being hurt. I respect Mwells for his handling of the situation. This kind of situation is the reason I always try to include the "I'll take it" requirement in my adds. We have some really great people on this site and I do not want to slight anyone. I liked stocker42's promise that he would notify Mwells about any further sell of the bullets before offering them here for sale. I think the situation was handled very well by a responsible group of people. I would have like to have those 173 grainers but I came late to the party.

Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    Sticky situation that turned out without someone being hurt. I respect Mwells for his handling of the situation. This kind of situation is the reason I always try to include the "I'll take it" requirement in my adds. We have some really great people on this site and I do not want to slight anyone. I liked stocker42's promise that he would notify Mwells about any further sell of the bullets before offering them here for sale. I think the situation was handled very well by a responsible group of people. I would have like to have those 173 grainers but I came late to the party.
    Agreed, 100%

Boolit Master
    I was right in the middle of it and missed it all. I was at my dads house and have bad internet service. By the time I seen it everything had been sorted out.

I posted "ill take it" after reading the post for a couple minutes. I dont want to step on anyone's toes. I didnt see the post about pm sent until after i posted. Im glad it turned out ok.

Im usually to slow and lose to John Allen or Brassmagnet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast