WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric shot dripper

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by skeettx View Post
    well done, keep the reports coming

Will you ever go 220V?
    Thanks and would have to run a 220V line to my room, not gona happen any time soon.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

looks good man , thanks for all the updates

Reclaimed shot,, seems like folks love it, or hate it.
    For me, it's among the best bargains remaining in the sport.
    Years back I bought 100 pounds of reclaimed shot from a local skeet range for 20 cents a pound. The mix was mostly #7.5 or #8, with maybe 5-10% #6. Oddly shaped like it was shot (Duh!), there were fused doublets, hammered round, flattened frisbees, and other odd shapes of every description.
    I'm still working off that shot, and while I'm sure there are fliers with every trigger pull, several hundred doves, snakes, squirrels, varmints and vermin have been dispatched with this mongrel shot. Even poor man's slugs work well (wads with petals taped closed).
    Quite frankly, an normal ranges (10-40 yards) I can't tell the difference between this stuff and new chilled shot in Modified or Improved Cylinder choked barrels.
    Load it, point the shot gun, pull the trigger, and objectives fall.
    I wish I could find a 100 pounds of similarly reclaimed #6...
    Salvaging old Marlins is not a pasttime...it's a passion

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pls1911 View Post
    Reclaimed shot,, seems like folks love it, or hate it.
    For me, it's among the best bargains remaining in the sport.
    Years back I bought 100 pounds of reclaimed shot from a local skeet range for 20 cents a pound. The mix was mostly #7.5 or #8, with maybe 5-10% #6. Oddly shaped like it was shot (Duh!), there were fused doublets, hammered round, flattened frisbees, and other odd shapes of every description.
    I'm still working off that shot, and while I'm sure there are fliers with every trigger pull, several hundred doves, snakes, squirrels, varmints and vermin have been dispatched with this mongrel shot. Even poor man's slugs work well (wads with petals taped closed).
    Quite frankly, an normal ranges (10-40 yards) I can't tell the difference between this stuff and new chilled shot in Modified or Improved Cylinder choked barrels.
    Load it, point the shot gun, pull the trigger, and objectives fall.
    I wish I could find a 100 pounds of similarly reclaimed #6...
    Maybe at that price, but around me reclaimed is $35 a bag. I'm sure some sort better than others, but that's not worth it to me to be shooting beat up old lead shot, mixed with dirt, steel shot, and who knows what else. If you buy in bigger quantities, I've found some good deals. Better yet is auctions and estate sales. It doesn't really matter when target shooting, or ranges are short, but a good magnum shot definitely puts more holes on target. I've got a shot maker, but I don't think I'll be using it for lead shot at this point. Wheel weights are a thing of the past here in Minnesota, and all my casting alloys are around $1.25 a pound when ready. With time involved, it's just not worth it to make. I use my shot maker to make bismuth shot, and the savings are huge, much less than half price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12