Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted to hello to everyone here at castboolits and show my swage station .

Wanted to hello to everyone here at castboolits and show my swage station .

As it's my first post just wanted to great everyone here at castboolits
    I think I'll be enjoy my stay . Here is a pic of my swaging station I've
    been doing swage boollits for my airguns in .22 cal and in .25 cal .
    Did I spell boolits right yea I get it . And yes I know there pellets from a airgun , enjoy .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1191.jpg  
    Last edited by D-RIG; 07-01-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of wisdom and help here. I pick up many ideas for my casting and powder coating. Everybody is very helpful. Enjoy.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Welcome you have come to a great place to learn and share welcome. I swage 224..243. 308. And handgun

Boolit Master

Glad to see you here, really want to know more about your pellet swaging.

I have a .25 marauder, and am making chips plus bigger pieces of scrap from 01 tool steel in attempts at a 25 caliber pellet swage die.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Master
    I like that you do itin the living room! Welcome

Boolit Master
    I do my reloading in the living room also. I got a tilt top school desk that sits in the corner. The kids use it sitting on the couch for drawing and art projects. When I want to load I take my lee press out bolt it on and screw my powder measure on the other side. A lot of my stuff fits inside ready to go .works out good for me .

Welcome D-RIG. Nice setup. Oooh, nice knives!
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by clodhopper View Post
    Glad to see you here, really want to know more about your pellet swaging.

I have a .25 marauder, and am making chips plus bigger pieces of scrap from 01 tool steel in attempts at a 25 caliber pellet swage die.
    I sent you a PM with a PH # give me a call clodhopper .

I do swage pellets in 22 cal and in 25 cal
    22 cal is 22.5g and also 33g hollow point
    25 cal are 34g and are a hollow point also

here's a pic of the 22 cal i removed from a ground squrills .

Welcome! You'll find answers to common and not-so-common swaging problems here, as well as good deals along the way. I swage 224, 312, 357, 429, 452, 458, 510 and 550. The 458 and 550 I picked up from other members here. I got the 550 set only because it was a steal and had a core swage suitable for my 510 set which didn't include a CS but did come with a beautiful lead tip die. Such is swaging. After a while you'll have a lot of potential overlap. I use the 452 HP punch with my 458 set. I use my 312 set to bump up 30 Carbine bullets to 311 to use in the AK47. I put a sharper point on Armscor 22cal 40gr bullets by "kissing" them in the 224-6S point form so that they feed reliably in my MPA 5.7x28. A friend gave me some fired 45cal 230gr FMJ that I restored in the 452 point form. Rifling marks from the previous firing are slightly visible but fired just fine. Basically, as a shooter, the knowledge upgrade path seems to go: reload using factory made bullets, then get into casting, then get into swaging the bullets. At each step, you carry forward existing knowledge and build upon it until you're finally drawing your own lead wire from cast ingots and drawing your own jackets. It's worth the cost of admission

Boolit Buddy

Looks to me like if DRIG is swaging pure lead bullets to shoot out of an airgun and hits what he is aiming at, we might be able to learn something from him! Welcome DRIG, those are some nice looking boolits there!
    Zbench

Quote Originally Posted by Zbench View Post
    Looks to me like if DRIG is swaging pure lead bullets to shoot out of an airgun and hits what he is aiming at, we might be able to learn something from him! Welcome DRIG, those are some nice looking boolits there!
    Thanks Zbench but as you know the lead was purchased from you , I really do like
    the pure lead the Zbench sells it's very soft and does a excellent job for my swaging .

Boolit Master

D-RIG kindly sent me some of his swaged .25 air rifle pellets. We visited on the phone and I told him I had a Marauder PCP 25 caliber rifle.

MY results at 31 yards yielded 3 groups of five, about .65", My one comparable group today with commercial 25.43 grain JSB King pellets was closer to .75". My wobble factor was in the .25 range firing prone with bipod and rear bag. But these swaged pellets show good promise.

The pellets he sent weigh 32.80 grains with hollow points, they hit about 1.8 mils low of the 25 grain pellets at 31 yards.

I have to go find some ground squirrels to test the hollow point.

Dale, I will send the target and notes along with some soft lead, and thank you.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Quote Originally Posted by clodhopper View Post
    D-RIG kindly sent me some of his swaged .25 air rifle pellets. We visited on the phone and I told him I had a Marauder PCP 25 caliber rifle.

MY results at 31 yards yielded 3 groups of five, about .65", My one comparable group today with commercial 25.43 grain JSB King pellets was closer to .75". My wobble factor was in the .25 range firing prone with bipod and rear bag. But these swaged pellets show good promise.

The pellets he sent weigh 32.80 grains with hollow points, they hit about 1.8 mils low of the 25 grain pellets at 31 yards.

I have to go find some ground squirrels to test the hollow point.

Dale, I will send the target and notes along with some soft lead, and thank you.
    I'm glad that they are working out of your Marauder . Now go get a ground squirrel and listen for that pop sound and they do well at longer ranges I was using them at 70-80- and 90 yards .

Boolit Mold
    Welcome D-RIG, and thanks so much for sharing. I've been casting rounds for my 22TCM, 223/5.56, .270, 380, 38 SPL, 357, 9 mm, 40, 45, and now 45-70. Recently I purchased a couple of PCP rifles to teach the kids marksmanship in the back yard. I'd very much like to swage my own .22 & .25 cal. pellets. I'm just researching how to get started swaging without braking the bank. It looks like your Corbin press is perfectly suited, but I imagine quite expensive.

Boolit Master

Welcome to the forum clicks! Here for five years and just now first post.

I still have not shot any more of D-RIGs pellets, guess I'm waiting for a little cooler weather.
    They do show great promise though.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

I want to know how you can keep you swaging 'desk' so clean and tidy!

Looking good!

Do you have any ideas for a 41 pellet suitable for a 410 shotgun?

I grew up on a smooth bore Dianna pellet gun. One my now late father had when he was a boy (he passed away last month at age 98). It was capable of surprising accuracy even though the pellet was loose in the bore and the barrel had been re straightened several times. That pellet never flew in a straight line but wobbled around the line of sight. I'm hoping to get that from this 410. Enough accuracy to nail rabbits and hares.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Quote Originally Posted by clics View Post
    Welcome D-RIG, and thanks so much for sharing. I've been casting rounds for my 22TCM, 223/5.56, .270, 380, 38 SPL, 357, 9 mm, 40, 45, and now 45-70. Recently I purchased a couple of PCP rifles to teach the kids marksmanship in the back yard. I'd very much like to swage my own .22 & .25 cal. pellets. I'm just researching how to get started swaging without braking the bank. It looks like your Corbin press is perfectly suited, but I imagine quite expensive.
    Airguns are the perfect way to teach the kids proper gun handling and care
    teach them well and that knowledge will serve then a lifetime .
    The Corbin S-press is not that expensive but I purchased mine used
    now the dies will set you back a few bucks .

Quote Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
    I want to know how you can keep you swaging 'desk' so clean and tidy!

Looking good!

Do you have any ideas for a 41 pellet suitable for a 410 shotgun?

I grew up on a smooth bore Dianna pellet gun. One my now late father had when he was a boy (he passed away last month at age 98). It was capable of surprising accuracy even though the pellet was loose in the bore and the barrel had been re straightened several times. That pellet never flew in a straight line but wobbled around the line of sight. I'm hoping to get that from this 410. Enough accuracy to nail rabbits and hares.
    Thanks for the comment but that desk is not that clean trust me , the floor is very dirty .
    I have no idea about a slug for your 410 I only do 22 and 25 caliber pellets . Sorry .

Vendor Sponsor

I too would be interested in your die setup .. did you make them your self or purchase the die set
    about how long would you say it takes from start to finish to make one pellet ?
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    I too would be interested in your die setup .. did you make them your self or purchase the die set
    about how long would you say it takes from start to finish to make one pellet ?
    I purchased my dies from Corbin , as for the time for making one pellet well I've never timed it
    I did time how long it takes to make 1,000 rounds it took 30 min to cut the cores and 2 hours for
    pressing them out although I will admit I never want to try that again " it was a lot of work " .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast