RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .50 Cal Ammo Cans

Looks like mine should show up on Monday.

Boolit Grand Master

Mine showed "out for delivery", Wednesday but there was a really heavy thunderstorm raging. Again yesterday it was beginning to storm when UPS arrived, so I met him with the truck and just drove it in the garage. The package weighs 68 lbs and is somewhat akward for me.
    When opened this morning I was totally satisfied with the quality. At $7.50 new, without dents, rust, and painted lettering, it's a bargain.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

That's great news.

Boolit Master

Got an email this morning that mine will be delivered today.
    John
    W.TN

Darn, how can they make any money at all on these? 68 pounds is not cheap..... Ive been buying and engraving on used surplus and lately HF cans which these look identical to. Shipped four out the other day ups and was $19. I only get a couple of percent discount, will assume palmetto gets about a 15% discount, so still $16 for 4, triple for $48! Making Gross say $50 for a dozen? Net maybe a dollar? Wow. It is a sale item. I think I might throw in for some too.

Don't think you can go wrong.

Boolit Master
    I wasat cabellas in denver today, they have both 50 & 30 cal cans. Just a upc so I looked the 30 cal up on my phone onsalefor $10.00 ea. Mil spec new. They stack on each other, don't know about on surplus.

Boolit Master

Mine were delivered today. Unpacked them and tried them for stacking. Not perfect but good enough. Gaskets were deeply grooved but will serve well for the use I will give them.

As a side note, I went back to the place where I bought the last surplus cans and it was gone. When I was last there about 5 years ago, they had lots of ammo cans of all flavors. They were just stacked outside under a tent and you could search for what ever you wanted. Hard to find any w/o rust. I don't remember the price.
    John
    W.TN

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    Now, I buy the plastic ammo cans that Harbor Freight sells when they are on "special". They probably aren't as durable as the mil spec cans but they work well for storing primers, percussion caps, loaded ammo, etc. and seems keep the moisture/humidity/etc. away fro whatever is inside. My 1# containers of powder I store in "coolers" that have tight fitting lids.
    I like the 30's for storing cast in waiting to be loaded. A 50 is too much lead. Label the end of a 30 with caliber and slide them under the bench.

I started buying the HF plastic ammo boxes too. Strictly for loaded ammo right now. Those MTM flip top boxes for 50 or 100 cartridges are nice but for storing 500 rounds of plinking ammo they are way more expensive than the HF plastic ones. Easily fit several hundred rounds. I just slip a piece of card with info into a zip lock bag and drop the bag in. Label on the plastic can for caliber.

I still have the 50 & 100 boxes but I try to use those for "special" loads, or new powders. You know that cooler idea for powder sounds pretty good. Wife bought a cooler I hate the design of, I might be able to use it for powder.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Just got mine. Appear to be about the same quality as the last Blackhawks I bought, which is good.

Didn't really need them, but the price was too good to pass up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12