WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: It's been almost 120 years, and the .38 Special is ...

Boolit Grand Master
    T by G......those Pachmayr Grippers are well-nigh PERFECT on the K-frames in my world. I looks good-to-go as it sits, to me.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

The first thing I did when I got a new handgun in the 80's was to install "Packys" on it. They are better than Hogues IMO. That said I like elk antler or wood more these days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Tazman; does your wife have a M67 too? If so how ironic. We love ours to the point that they would be the last ones to go if we had to dispose of our collection! And that means something coming from a lifelong .45 auto nut.
    Best, Thomas.
    Currently my wife has shown no interest in shooting of any sort. At least she doesn't actively dislike it.
    I may be able to get her to the range at some point and see how she feels about shooting my 22s or 38s. We will have to see.

This thread is going to cost me some money. Now I have to replace the Charter Arms Undercover I lost many years ago.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Love me some .38 Specials. It's a dandy cartridge in a long gun too, like shooting a 158 grain .22!!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Older than the gun factory grips came from a friend. It just looks right. I hope I'm rained out tomorrow I'll wring it out!
    Best, Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Older than the gun factory grips came from a friend. It just looks right. I hope I'm rained out tomorrow I'll wring it out!
    Best, Thomas

Very nice pistol. Looks to have some character to it.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    Needs a Tyler T-grip adapter !

My first issue revolver was a M15. I couldn't afford factory ammo, so I carried some SWC loaded with 5.0gr Unique. I was chided by my training officer but I probably knew more than he did about guns/ammo. I didn't fell unarmed. As soon as I could afford some factory, I bought some Federal 158gr Nyclad +P. I still have some of that box for sentimental reasons (circa 1979!).

I carried a M65, M19, M66, and a M686 for most of my career. A Glock M22 in .40 took the .38/357's place in 1996, but I still shoot/compete with .38Spl (NRA PPC). I've always even if carrying.357mag ammo, had some .38spl on hand for "whatever". Several rabid racoon and numerous Road injured deer were dispatched with a single shot of .38spl SWC.
    Even today, I wouldn't feel under gunned with that original Zero SWC over 5.0gr Unique. Mostly because I know I can put it where it needs to go!

Yeah, the .38 spl is SPECIAL to me! I've got three NRA National Record certificates framed that I shot with .38spl. My 2yr old granddaughter will someday soon fire her first handgun. It'll be a .38SPECIAL!!!
    Last edited by GooseGestapo; 08-07-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    The .38 S&W Special has long been a favorite of mine. This plain-Jane Model 10 followed me home a year and a half ago. Loaded with a 158-grain cast RN (or SWC) on top of 3.0 grains of Bullseye... as the poet has said, "That's close enough to perfect for me!"
    Attachment 201344

Boolit Buddy

It's still around because it is a practical cartridge.

Goose, I never warmed to the grip adapters. Funny you mention Zero SWC- I was just given a full box of remanufactured .38 special 158 sec. Brought back memories for sure! Martin that m10 is sweet. 5" barrel?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234