Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2

Thread: Anyone bid on this lot of 310 stuff?

Boolit Master

Anyone bid on this lot of 310 stuff?

I expected to snipe this bunch of neglected 310 parts but didn't set my bid high enough. I was a bit surprised this went so high, given what you can see here but I sure do miss getting it!
    I get a lot of enjoyment out of the cleaning and matching up these old individual parts.

If you want to see this lot, 60 pieces plus, it was on EB, search completed "misc vintage Lyman 310"
    So, was the winner one of us here?
    Last edited by trooperdan; 08-16-2018 at 04:53 PM. Reason: delete link

yes i made a bid and was also supprised to see how high it went to.
    Rick

Was it a listing of just dies?

Boolit Master

Yes neck sizers, expanders, seaters
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Grand Master
    I had two problems with that listing... the rusty condition shown by the fairly poor pictures, and the haphazard identification by the seller of what was there. Grab bags can be fun, but that much money for a pile of unknown, rusted miscellany was not something I would go for. YMMV

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Banned
    Bet it gets relisted sometimes the seller straw bids to drive the price up

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I looked at it but my opinion matched Froggie's. It seems to be going like a lot of other things . . more people get interested in the 310 items and the price goes up. Sometimes, I question the judgement of some of those that be when I see the prices they sell for. I have "over paid" a few times as it was for something that I needed to either complete a set of 310 dies or it was something on the scarce side - we all do it now and then. I keep track of molds on there . . mainly just for fun . . . and I can't believe the prices some bring when you are buying a pig in a poke. But, if I was selling . . . I wouldn't complain if it went high. Sometimes "lots" can be fun. I bought a "lot" of 310 dies one time and took the gamble on it - poorly described but I spotted several in one of the photos I needed. I got it at a good price and when I got the lot, sorted them out, I had 13 complete sets of various calibers. That was a few years back and I ended up selling them at a fair and reasonable price to those that could use them, traded some and kept a couple to use. When the prices started going up, I pretty much stopped looking other than for fun as I have sets for the calibers I load. If the day comes that I don't use them anymore, they will go to someone who will use them and enjoy them as much as I do.

After thought note - I have bought and sold on that site for years. I've made a lot of good acquaintances along the way as well. I ALWAYS try to be fair with whoever buys what I have up - make sure that it is well packaged to protect it for shipment, ship it quickly and IF there is a problem, work it out. Every site has its issues . . what turns me off on a lot of the listings is poor photos (no excuse for ti and in many cases, it's an attempt to "cover up" an issue, poor descriptions when a little research could provide the seller with information about the item, not doing a clear and concise description - I love those that just put "bullet mold" with no information so you have to open the auction to see what it is - I just cruise on by those as I consider it laziness on the part of the seller - and high shipping costs. The other day, I looked at a mold that would have gone for a fair price - but the shipping was a few pennies under $20 - really? For something that easily fits in a SFRB. On auctions, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose - don't be disappointed if you don't have the winning bid - chances are that one just like it will come up for auction again in a short time. With few exceptions, nothing is "one of a kind".

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    I looked at it but my opinion matched Froggie's. It seems to be going like a lot of other things . . more people get interested in the 310 items and the price goes up. Sometimes, I question the judgement of some of those that be when I see the prices they sell for. I have "over paid" a few times as it was for something that I needed to either complete a set of 310 dies or it was something on the scarce side - we all do it now and then. I keep track of molds on there . . mainly just for fun . . . and I can't believe the prices some bring when you are buying a pig in a poke. But, if I was selling . . . I wouldn't complain if it went high. Sometimes "lots" can be fun. I bought a "lot" of 310 dies one time and took the gamble on it - poorly described but I spotted several in one of the photos I needed. I got it at a good price and when I got the lot, sorted them out, I had 13 complete sets of various calibers. That was a few years back and I ended up selling them at a fair and reasonable price to those that could use them, traded some and kept a couple to use. When the prices started going up, I pretty much stopped looking other than for fun as I have sets for the calibers I load. If the day comes that I don't use them anymore, they will go to someone who will use them and enjoy them as much as I do.

After thought note - I have bought and sold on that site for years. I've made a lot of good acquaintances along the way as well. I ALWAYS try to be fair with whoever buys what I have up - make sure that it is well packaged to protect it for shipment, ship it quickly and IF there is a problem, work it out. Every site has its issues . . what turns me off on a lot of the listings is poor photos (no excuse for ti and in many cases, it's an attempt to "cover up" an issue, poor descriptions when a little research could provide the seller with information about the item, not doing a clear and concise description - I love those that just put "bullet mold" with no information so you have to open the auction to see what it is - I just cruise on by those as I consider it laziness on the part of the seller - and high shipping costs. The other day, I looked at a mold that would have gone for a fair price - but the shipping was a few pennies under $20 - really? For something that easily fits in a SFRB. On auctions, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose - don't be disappointed if you don't have the winning bid - chances are that one just like it will come up for auction again in a short time. With few exceptions, nothing is "one of a kind".
    Likely purchased by the seller that sells every die as a single auction.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    Likely purchased by the seller that sells every die as a single auction.
    I've dealt with a couple of those sellers and they like to get a lot that has at least something useful in it, and sell off the rest to others of like mind. Of course they end up with a lot of 30-06 CMRs and other such common stuff. I'd rather pay their one-at-a-time price for something I need than do the buy enough pigs in pokes to eventually get one... been there, done that, got the T-shirt!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy

Wow, that's a big lot of dies.
    I don't know anything about 310 dies, so I never look for them.
    I can see some money to be made if someone can clean them up and hopefully make up some die sets for reselling.