StainLess Steel MediaTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionADvertise here
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Graf & SonsMidSouth Shooters Supply

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How long do lee ignots molds last? Mine just broke....

Boolit Master

My Lee ingot molds are 25years plus old,they work great, I have over 60 Lee molds all are in good working order..
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post

Mebbe the casting gods did it just made to feed some Lee Hater's ego and unreasonable feelings about inanimate tools...(post 15)
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

My FIL uses a Lee ingot mold without issue.
    I use a muffin pan.
    Both work just fine.

These won't break

This fellow makes and sells the angle iron molds http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...nd-Ingot-Molds as a vendor has a pretty solid rep in straight shooters and deadbeats thread.

I made some myself but I think the ones above or those made by D Crockett are better workmanship than mine. Been a decade since I welded much and had to work at a neighbors using a wire feed, rather than my preferred stick welder. Might have been just as bad but since we'll never know that's my story. Wrong type of welder.

Length matches length of SFRB or MFRB for ease of shipping. Weight is controlled by size of ladle. For cheap molds that stack and store well bread loaf pans from thrift store. Filled to maybe an inch they make slabs of between 10 and 12 pound. Can get a big stack for cheap from garage sales, thrift store, or Walmart. They tend to get sort of beat up in short time but they work for long enough, are a little bit different sizes and don't fit boxes well for shipping but for stacking in bulk they rock.

Might be worth mentioning that once the handle became loose it might have become a pry rather than an extension of the tang. Those handles if you care about them being tight can be set with JB Weld, just as one would the Lee 2 cavity mold handles.
    Last edited by RogerDat; 10-25-2017 at 07:23 PM.
    Je suis Charlie
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this way of getting casting material somehow.
    Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat I do trade a bit from time to time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234