Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

No one can live forever; all will die. No one can escape the power of the grave.

—Psalm 89:48

The October 1992 cover of LIFE magazine posed this question: “Can We Stop Aging?” According to the article inside, scientists suggest that we can and will. But the article raised another question: Would we really want to stop aging? In other words, do we really want to live forever?

Our answer depends on what kind of lives we are living. What story is your life telling? My story is a simple one: God can take a mess of a life with the deck stacked against it and redeem it. That is my story. We all have one to tell. And we all need to take stock of our lives and ask ourselves, “What is my life all about? What is the legacy I will leave? How will I be remembered?”

This is important to think about as we’re getting older. But it’s also important to think about when we’re young. In our youth, we chart the course that our lives will take. We develop habits, develop direction, and make decisions like the career path we will follow and the person we will marry. It’s a critical time to make the right decisions, because when we get older, we become set in our ways. That is not a bad thing, necessarily. If we establish good habits like regular Bible study, prayer, and being a disciplined part of the church, we will follow those as well.

It comes down to this: We will decide the evening of our life by the morning of it. We will decide the end by the beginning. The stand we make today will determine what stand we make tomorrow.

Medical science can seek to add years to your life, but only God can add life to your years and give you a life that is worth living.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    I've always said that one of the greatest ironies of life is that the time in our life when we know everything, and have no life experience to draw from, we are making the most important decisions of our lifetime!

As one of the physicians where I work said years ago, "no matter how far medicine has come, last count I got it's still one for one".

Moderator Emeritus

What a great post! It's not PC to talk about death any more, and yet, it's one of the most innately necessary thoughts we can consider! What a mess the world is today! We're not to think of the crucially important things, but take seriously all the picayune "little things" that PC values as though they were the be-all, end-all of our lives! Clearly, we need to read our Bibles, and think much more deeply about its words, than we have ever needed to before in this realm! Our God is a wonderful, all powerful and merciful God, IF we'll just ALLOW Him to be!