WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Bought a trigger pull gauge

Bought a trigger pull gauge

Was going to by a Lyman digital until I saw all the good reviews on a Wheeler 20 dollar scale . Used it to day and it does a good job of repeating the readings . I had installed the super sear trigger group on the 1740 . And it was too light of a pull . The sear locked every time it was cocked and it pasted the jar test . But it was way to light for me . I had installed it as a single stage not a double stage years ago and wanted to leave it that way . Well the gauge reads from 8 ounces to 8 pounds in 2 ounce increments . And the trigger broke right at the 8 ounce mark . Just as the slide started to move it would break . Was going to install one of the mountain air guides and springs I had . But the sear has a heel on it that holds the spring in place which Crosman should be doing . And with this on the sear the guide was to long to allow the sear to lock . Did not want to cut the guide at this point so I used the spring with out the guide . This gave me a 14 ounce pull just under 1 pound . Shot it tonight and it is much better . I am not sure if I am going to leave it this light or not right now . Want to test and shoot the 2300 with a little more pull and see if I do not like a little heavier pull than 14 ounces . Marvin

Wow, that is getting light for sure. It would be great from a rest though...just "think" shoot, and it's gone lol.

Boolit Grand Master

IIhave the rcbs version and it works real good when I remember to set the follower. LOL

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    A couple of months back I was given a new Lyman Digital trigger pull scale by one of our Umarex Octane shooters group members. This individual took apart his Octane in order to install one of the new Match-Grade-Trigger components and then was unable to put his gun back together.

After a prolonged long distance back and forth correspondence via email failed to help him get his air gun reassembled he drove from San Diego to Arizona where I live in order to have me figure out why his gun wouldn't go back together. It turned out to be a problem with the inletting of the stock interfering with the cross pins in the trigger housing. It was an easy fix once it was figured out. I never intended to charge the guy anything for the help.

I just wanted to get his Octane up and running again and because this problem arose when he went to install one of my aftermarket trigger components I kind of felt responsible somehow.

To my great surprise he had brought along his Lyman Trigger pull gauge to check his trigger pull before and after installation. He was a happy camper and when we were done he graciously gave me the Trigger Scale as a gift for helping him. It's a great little gadget. I think having a trigger pull scale is a great addition to any shooters arsenal of gadgets; regardless of the brand name.

This new Lyman scale has helped me match the trigger pulls of my air rifle with the trigger pull of my center fire rifles so that during those long stretches of time that I can't get to the shooting range, I can at least get some back yard trigger time with an air gun that has a trigger pull similar to my powder burners.

HollowPoint
    Last edited by HollowPoint; 06-28-2017 at 09:21 PM.

All it took was a touch and away the pellet went . I saw the RCBS on ebay and it was tempting . Bought this from Amazon . Yes they are a handy tool that I should have bought years ago .
    The 2300 ended up at 1.14 just under 2 pounds . Shoot a tin of pellets through it today . Liked the fill better than the just under a pound . So I changed the spring in the 1740 and it is now a pound and a half. Will use it tomorrow . Marvin