Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
PBcastco Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome to the place to discuss your deep ideas

Boolit Master
    OK, Seems this hasn't started much of a discussion or raised any more comments, would you like me to continue, or would you rather I remained quiet? Jim

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by versa-06 View Post
    OK, Seems this hasn't started much of a discussion or raised any more comments, would you like me to continue, or would you rather I remained quiet? Jim
    You didn't engage in a discussion. You asked a question and then ignored the responses.

Just so you know, your last post on the issue was hard to read because there are no breaks. Many readers will skip posts that disregard paragraph breaks or omission of capitals. I also avoid overly long posts (not that yours was too long).

I read through your post and had a few thoughts, but didn't post them. Mainly because everything I have to say about the passage you selected from Isaiah I had already stated.

would you like me to continue
    To what end?

Boolit Master
    I can end now if you prefer. Thanks Jim

Boolit Master
    Just one more thing before I close. What had already been stated was what appeared as a direct negative from my point of view. The disclosier I left was a 100% "Positive" direction from God, though "they" would not hear, But I Will!!! I Have been on castboolits.gunloads.com quite a while and don't say much because I sense a lot of sarcasm and a touch of self esteem with many responses. I know thin skinned right? No respect for others in a brotherly way, God Judges The Heart Remember!! Love Ya Like A Brother!!! Jim

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by versa-06 View Post
    Just one more thing before I close. What had already been stated was what appeared as a direct negative from my point of view. The disclosier I left was a 100% "Positive" direction from God, though "they" would not hear, But I Will!!! I Have been on castboolits.gunloads.com quite a while and don't say much because I sense a lot of sarcasm and a touch of self esteem with many responses. I know thin skinned right? No respect for others in a brotherly way, God Judges The Heart Remember!! Love Ya Like A Brother!!! Jim
    So your intention was to preach rather than have a discussion? And you feel those of us who might disagree with you refuse to hear from God?

I'm sorry you think this way.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    I have pondered this and other threads here and what I see is a lack of using the wisdom of the Holy Spirit to give you the word in relation to you. the Bible says, "no scripture is of private revelation". I see a great need to study 2 Timothy 2 before instructing others. I ask a serious question, are we straining at nats and swallowing camels with much of what I read.
    if I were a lost person and reading what you fellows debate trying to decide if I need Jesus or want to attend church would I be drawn to Christ by your debates or decide there is more fighting in the churches than the street and turn my back on Salvation and resist the draw of the Spirit.
    enlightening discussion helps them, debates run them away.
    Last edited by Preacher Jim; 07-24-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Jim View Post
    I have pondered this and other threads here and what I see is a lack of using the wisdom of the Holy Spirit to give you the word in relation to you. the Bible says, "no scripture is of private revelation". I see a great need to study 2 Timothy 2 before instructing others. I ask a serious question, are we straining at nats and swallowing camels with much of what I read.
    if I were a lost person and reading what you fellows debate trying to decide if I need Jesus or want to attend church would I be drawn to Christ by your debates or decide there is more fighting in the churches than the street and turn my back on Salvation and resist the draw of the Spirit.
    enlightening discussion helps them, debates run them away.
    Differences of understanding and opinion are one thing. It is easy to respect someone who says, "This is what I believe and why." But when members post that others who don't agree with them and their revelations are refusing to listen to the voice of God...that is a little too much.

Boolit Master
    As I said in another place, everybody's got an ax to grind, but I've gained insight from some different angles. This form is to discuss differences and keep it out of the chapel. I know of no one personally who believes even the church they attend has all the doctrine rite, much less differences in a forum. Yes, it's been taken a little far at times, but if or reads I think they will see most have about the same ideas about salvation.

Moderator Emeritus

Amen, Tstick! I've had many of my own church members confide that they believed something quite different than what was heard from the pulpit, but they always sat mute, and just kept believing what they felt was true, and didn't make a scene or argue with the preacher. And I suspect that there are few churches whose members believe or even adhere strictly to ALL facets of their own church's doctrinal system. We humans are just too diverse a group, with differing experiences that tend to color all our understandings, or what we call our "understanding." I believe, basically, that we ALL "see through the glass darkly," but that some of us see a bit more clearly than some of the others. I just try to learn from anyone who'll discuss these matters with me, irrespective of their own sect or beliefs. If nothing more, at least I get a greater understanding of other believers' views, and that can NEVER be a bad thing, can it?

Understanding is something we all claim more of than we probably have a full, complete right to. After all, Christianity is about BELIEF, and not "certainty." None of us will really be certain until we've crossed the veil over into that next realm, where most all of our questions will be answered definitively and with authority, and all our misconceptions will be righted. And I also suspect that none of us will have it ALL down pat, and escape having some of our beliefs corrected, and some of them affirmed.

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou SHALT be saved" is about as definitive a statement as one could possibly ask or hope for. Within this, the denominational thing and differing imaginings of priorities and doctrinal divergences are really "small potatoes." And really, if everyone, or even a simple majority of folks in any land or realm, simply believed in Christ, they OUGHT to be able to get along, and discuss their divergences without fisticuffs being a threat! Fisticuffs and demeaning others is NOT the way Christians are supposed to deal with each other, no matter what the nature of the disagreement! I'd think that should be abundantly clear to all of us. It's easy to forget in a moment's passion, though. And there's very little humility seen here sometimes, of the sort needed to come back and say "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that, or at least said it the way I did. Please forgive me. I try to be a better Christian than that." If we err, it's up to each of us as individuals to own up to our errors, and at least try to make recompense for them. No groveling. Just straight up acknowledgement and a simple apology. It really works wonders when it's applied! Honest! It really does. And it surely shows the depth of one's belief and faith, for SURE! If we can't do that, then we'll remain more of a hate-filled group than what Christ intended for us to be. And if there's anyone here who's never erred, or never said anything in haste or anger that they've later regretted and thought better of, it's CERTAINLY not ME!!!! So being chief among sinners, I recommend to all that we simply apologize when we go beyond what Christ clearly intended for us to do and be in discussing important and interesting theological matters.

Nobody's likely to be changed, but all will almost certainly be edified by a good, round and free discussion of some of the most important aspects of our faith. And too, if we can't even get along among ourselves, what kind of example are we setting for the non-believers? Are we not giving them yet MORE reason to stay away from belief when we act like we sometimes do here?

C'mon, folks! Are we REALLY Christians, or ..... just pretenders???? Christianity is the most challenging thing a person can do. Always has been. Probably always will be. But it's always worth it ..... isn't it?

Those were good words. My oh my how the world has changed since then.

This forum could use some deep theological discussions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12