Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Remington 760 Gamemaster

Boolit Master

The 760 was the PA deer hunter's favorite after the Winchester Model 94.
    Gun control is not about guns.

Banned
    wch,

YEP. = The 760 was popularly known as "the Amish machinegun" when I was stationed at Ft. Indiantown Gap long ago. - That's where I learned to LOVE the 760. My 1st one was built in 1954 in .300SAV

yours, tex
    Last edited by texasnative46; 08-16-2017 at 02:07 PM. Reason: add

which clip for old 760 and where in the world to get it?

Shot my new to me May of 1952 760 for the first time today , and the clip is atrocious . I struggle with it empty and never did get it to lock in with 3 shells in it. The clip is obviously newer than the gun. I'm hoping the problem is just a crummy clip. Any suggestions ??

Boolit Master
    Will it lock with 2 rnds ? I have a 52 in 300 savage and can use later vintage mags for 308. I even have one for a 742 that works. Yours may have been dropped or otherwise damaged. See if you can borrow a few different to try, caliber matters...some or a lot depending on what you have. More detailed info may get you a better answer.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

It's chambered in 358 win . The clip has a few caliber listed including 308.
    I did not try it with two but as difficult as it is empty I don't think the shells are the problem, I'll try it after work tomorrow.
    What other info should I include?
    Thanks
    Ben

Boolit Master
    Should work , does it seem "too fat" when you insert, or go's in fine but won't latch? Is it different with the bolt open vs closed?
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

wants to go in unevenly front first. does not want to latch sometimes latch does not want to let the clip out .

Boolit Master
    Seems it may have been bent and it no longer fits the mag well. I have found mags on line and frequently in junk boxes at gun shops. Try to find another to try, they are fairly easy to distort with hard treatment. And were chea enough that many got hard treatment. I have tried to "adjust" some with mixed results, pich up a new magazine and you will be quite happy with that 760, 35 caliber rifles shoot cast well!

Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    Seems it may have been bent and it no longer fits the mag well. I have found mags on line and frequently in junk boxes at gun shops. Try to find another to try, they are fairly easy to distort with hard treatment. And were chea enough that many got hard treatment. I have tried to "adjust" some with mixed results, pich up a new magazine and you will be quite happy with that 760, 35 caliber rifles shoot cast well!
    I'm definatly on the hunt for mags.
    I was excited for a led throwing pump gun but this one hasnt been much fun ...yet

Boolit Master
    I grew up in pa and saw more 760's than I could remember. If you use info check here I have a thread how to fix that clip problem. I saw a lot of this clip problem and finally figured it out.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Quote Originally Posted by nekshot View Post
    I grew up in pa and saw more 760's than I could remember. If you use info check here I have a thread how to fix that clip problem. I saw a lot of this clip problem and finally figured it out.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=magazine
    messing with my 760 clip ? unless you mean that I cannot seem to findyour thread ? Any help would be appriciaed.

Won't a 742 mag work in a 760? I know the 742 mag has a bolt release. I think I've seen this.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Won't a 742 mag work in a 760? I know the 742 mag has a bolt release. I think I've seen this.
    well, remington sells the same mag for the new and old pumps and autos , i does not seem to work in my old pump

Boolit Master
    I can use a 742 308 mag in my 1952 300 savage. That said, I was given the mag and I really only use it when p linking. It fits, but kinda like a cat fits in whatever it decided to sit in. The bolt release in the mag wiggled and clicks and its a tight fit to install and remove. Yeah it works just not really well.

Boolit Master
    the problems not the clips its the catch on the gun. I don't know how to find my old thread but it was here.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234