Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: Do you know your enemy part 3

Do you know your enemy part 3

Good morning,
    Because of a bit of confusion I had thought to end this series, however after a conversation with Preacher Jim, I find I can continue.

I want to express my thanks to Cast Boolits and the Chapel for this platform, and to Preacher Jim for graciously consenting to allow this expression of opinion.

The glory is to God as always.

To bring you up to speed I am including links to the first two installments, it may be necessary to do a copy past.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...now-your-Enemy

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...w-your-Enemy-2

Know your enemy part 3

Keeping in mind that Satan comes disguised as an angle of light 2 Cor 11:14-15, and that he is supernatural, and he is able to show “signs and wonders” , “great” signs and wonders;

Mat* ‬24:24 * ‬For there shall arise false Christs,* ‬and false prophets,* ‬and shall shew great signs and wonders*; ‬insomuch that,* ‬if* ‬it were* ‬possible,* ‬they shall deceive the very elect.

These aren’t parlor tricks meant to amuse people at a party, but full blown acts of supernatural power;

Rev* ‬13:13 * ‬And he doeth great wonders,* ‬so that he maketh fire (lightning) come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

Consider it, we have a supernatural being, beautiful, charismatic, claiming to be Jesus, snapping his fingers and making lightning bolts come out of the sky. How many do you suppose are going to be taken in by him?

Rev* ‬13:14 * ‬And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by* ‬the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast*; ‬saying to them that dwell on the earth,* ‬that they should make an image to the beast,* ‬which had the wound by a sword,* ‬and did live.

With the exception of the “very elect” Matt 24:24, he deceives the whole world.

(Revelation 12:9) "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."
    My point here has not been to do a full study, but to acquaint you with who Satan is, and what he has in mind, I know there are many questions left unanswered, my hope is you will take this basic outline and run with it, study the chapters below and see for yourself, should the Spirit reveal what I have alluded to, Praise God, if not, Praise God anyway. He deserves it.

In parting, my journey through the Word was started in earnest after I read Eze. 28, and saw that Satan is much different than what we hear from main stream religion.

My mind seized upon this question, knowing full well that Satan is beautiful, possesses great wisdom, and is a consummate liar, how would I know for sure, without doubt, that should he stand in front of me claiming to be Christ, how could I know he is not?

I have spent years in study, before I found the answer, and after to verify to myself, beyond doubt, if there is a sure fire answer. There is, and it is so simple a child can understand it, namely, Satan comes first, then Christ comes.

(2 Thessalonians 2:8-9) "And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: {9} Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,"

Consequently, if we are still in the flesh and a being claiming to be Christ is standing before us, it is not Christ, for we are changed at Christ’s return,

(1 Corinthians 15:51-52) "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, {52} In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

Some references;
    Matt. 24
    Mark 13
    2Thes 2
    Re. 12
    Re. 13
    Re. 20

I’m going to close this, this will be the finishing installment, I hope I haven’t wasted your time.

Gary
    Last edited by claude; 06-26-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Perm-Banned
    having seen angels of light i will tell every one 2 things how you as a christian can tell the difference between evil angels of light and the angles of God and his Son. they have a sarcastictic cold look about them. their eyes show no love or warmth. they love to suck up to each other and praise each other but you can tell they detest each other and it is all for show and phony. on the other hand the angels of God and his Son ive seen are warm and loving in there look. many will be singing christian song that you know and have heard in church. now the other side if thy speak to you, the evil angels of light, they will say things like i have a new message. believers, there is no new message. God put it all down in his book and there is no new message. also believers, remember the very name of the Lord Jesus Christ is the power that stops them cold. they cannot argue with it and the movies about that sort of thing makes the world believe that they can argue with the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. also when you deal with them in prayer you need to bind up the strong man first, the devil. you do that with the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. then you move on to those under him. your prayers for others is a fence between evil and the ones you are praying for. God showed this to me in a vision. your prayers is a strong fence with evil on one side and the ones you are praying for on the other side.

Boolit Master
    Thanks! When I was just a boy my uncle said that Satan would be laying down on the job if he wasn't using every thing in his power constantly to deceive us and lead us to destruction. Over the years I've seen that proven true more and more.

Eph 6:11-17
    Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

This is his we are to be preparing to overcome!

Moderator Emeritus

This has definitely NOT been a waste of my time! Thanks to all of you. When one has the love of Christ in his heart, he can't stop seeking and learning more and deeper things. And this is something that we see too little of, just about everywhere these days. Thanks to all.

Keeping in mind that Satan comes disguised as an angle of light 2 Cor 11:14-15, and that he is supernatural, and he is able to show “signs and wonders” , “great” signs and wonders;
    It says he will show signs, wonders and display power. It never says he will display good fruit. " You shall know them by their fruit ". The best way to recognize satan/darkness is to look at the fruit, satan will never produce good fruit ( love, peace and hope). In darkness is where the anti Christ will operate and deceive many even the elect.

Many Christains deny the power of God because they are so scared it's the anti christ. This fear is the very fruit of their lack of an intimate relationship with their Creator. The question shouldn't be do you know your enemy, but do you know your God.

Satan wants us scared, but when your Christ's, no longer are you to submit to the devil but he must submit to you.

God bless

..."Satan wants us scared"...

Don't misunderstand, I am not trying to be clever or arguing with you when I ask, is this fear the method, the calling card, so to speak, that Satan is going to use to cause the "falling away" (apostasy:-defection from truth) of 2 Th 2:3?

Thank you for your comment, I do indeed understand what you are saying, and am in agreement, ignorance of our Father is a severe stumbling block and can lead to worship of the spurious messiah.

No arguements, here.

Darkness probably would have been a better word, they both go hand in hand. Stumbling block, definitely, but most who lack understanding would just be woohed by the signs and wonders.

knowledge, comes from the written Word
    understanding, comes from the Holy Spirit
    and wisdom comes from learning to be led of the same Holy Spirit

Many Christains get knowledge by reading the word and their understanding comes from their pastor, big mistake, these are the ones that will grow weary and be swayed by the anti christ.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by claude View Post
    ignorance of our Father is a severe stumbling block and can lead to worship of the spurious messiah.
    Indeed! And THIS, I believe, is the reason Christ admonished us all to "study to show thyself approved." I've always been of an inquisitive and studious nature, but most are not so inclined, and many believers figure they have "enough" when they come to Light. But that's not what Christ seems to have admonished us to do. Once we've dome to light, we are indeed saved, but how can we carry out the Great Commission if we don't understand more deeply? And how can we grow, in numbers as well as in Faith, if we don't "study to show thyself approved," as Christ so lovingly instructed us to do?

Yes, all of us have for most of our lives, spent so much time on the things necessary to sustain ourselves physically, but what good is our physical status if we aren't truly happy and satisfied within our own selves? And who among us has achieved a level of understanding so high that they don't need to and want to learn yet more?

Truly, Christ gave us the best advice, instruction and admonishments that anyone anywhere has EVER given us, and if we simply follow His words, we WILL be satisfied, even when things aren't going our way. A satisfied person, when encountering difficulty, arises to overcome it, if at all possible, even if it's not likely he can completely overcome all of it. On the other hand, those without real hope and satisfaction, usually just sit on their laurels and await destruction. Is that not telling about the true nature and value of Christ's words to us?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    Indeed! And THIS, I believe, is the reason Christ admonished us all to "study to show thyself approved." I've always been of an inquisitive and studious nature, but most are not so inclined, and many believers figure they have "enough" when they come to Light. But that's not what Christ seems to have admonished us to do. Once we've dome to light, we are indeed saved, but how can we carry out the Great Commission if we don't understand more deeply? And how can we grow, in numbers as well as in Faith, if we don't "study to show thyself approved," as Christ so lovingly instructed us to do?

Yes, all of us have for most of our lives, spent so much time on the things necessary to sustain ourselves physically, but what good is our physical status if we aren't truly happy and satisfied within our own selves? And who among us has achieved a level of understanding so high that they don't need to and want to learn yet more?

Truly, Christ gave us the best advice, instruction and admonishments that anyone anywhere has EVER given us, and if we simply follow His words, we WILL be satisfied, even when things aren't going our way. A satisfied person, when encountering difficulty, arises to overcome it, if at all possible, even if it's not likely he can completely overcome all of it. On the other hand, those without real hope and satisfaction, usually just sit on their laurels and await destruction. Is that not telling about the true nature and value of Christ's words to us?
    Just a minor point, Paul is the one who wrote "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman who needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Tim 2:15)

Moderator Emeritus

Oops! You're right! I make these mistakes more and more now that my memory seems to be a bit "challenged." Thanks for the correction. But even though Paul spoke the words, I still believe they were inspired and condoned by Christ himself. That helps me make these kinds of mistakes sometimes. But I do NOT want to misquote anything, so .... thanks for the correction. I appreciate it.