WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: How to delete attachments?

Boolit Master

How to delete attachments?

I have asked this before without getting a satisfactory answer. When I go to my previous poets and click on attachments a page with the posts name on the left and a delete box on the right. I have some posts that do not have the delete box and getting more all the time. Could someone tell me why it happens and how to fix it?
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master

if in selling and swapping area the post got closed. Reopen the post delete pic attachments then reclose. Been that way. No edits on closed posts it seems to me.

Boolit Master
    I appreciate you responding Geezer but some of my posts are not in S&S and some go back two or three years. I tried doing what you say and it didn't work. What I would like to know is, why are there delete boxes on some boxes and not on others.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    I have asked this before without getting a satisfactory answer. When I go to my previous poets and click on attachments a page with the posts name on the left and a delete box on the right. I have some posts that do not have the delete box and getting more all the time. Could someone tell me why it happens and how to fix it?
    Have you linked photos from a photo hosting site to your post? Can you provide a link to a post where you cannot delete your photos?

Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    Have you linked photos from a photo hosting site to your post? Can you provide a link to a post where you cannot delete your photos?

Robert
    I do not have a photo hosting site other than my computer. My problem is the omission for whatever reason of the delete box on the page that lists my attachments.

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    I do not have a photo hosting site other than my computer. My problem is the omission for whatever reason of the delete box on the page that lists my attachments.
    It appears you have 14 attachments. Is there a reason you wish to delete your attachments?
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    It appears you have 14 attachments. Is there a reason you wish to delete your attachments?
    I have just deleted all attachments that had a delete box. I now have seven that do not have delete box. I would like those deleted. When I post something for sale and it sells I want to be able to delete the pictures but for some unknown reason there are some that do not have a delete box and the number keeps growing.

Boolit Master
    i have the same problem, even when box is checked it will show back up

Cast Boolits Owner

If your attachments are part of a thread in an area which is a permanent part of the forum then they will end up staying. If your attachments are part of a thread in an area which is subject to 30 day deletion then they will eventually go away on their own.

Robert
    - Albert Camus -