Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 1911?

Boolit Bub
    I could not get a Les Baer in my country, so went for a DW Valor (2009). I am very happy with it. Tight, accurate. Out of the box it can stay within 4 inches at 50 m and withing 8 inches at 100 yards easily. If it doesn´t, it is me... You cannot go wrong with any.

Banned
    Well, I have a Gold Cup national match, several other Colts, a S&W 1911 from the custom shop and several Kimbers. The S&W at around $1500 is probably the best out of the box 1911 that I have. It will easily out perform the Kimbers and the Colts and the Gold Cup. I never really thought I would like the S&W but I was wrong.

Boolit Master
    My 2015 series 70 Colt GCNM is a real humdinger. It'll hold 4 inches for 20 shots at 50 yards from a ransom rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

If you are looking for a sniper rifle that fits in a holster, the build quality of Les Baer will fit that bill. In my opinion, they're completely overkill for any game outside of NRA Bullseye; applying those kinds of individually-fitted, minimal tolerances to a combat/plinking pistol defeats what the 1911 is all about. For anyone not actively trying to stand the Bullseye winner's podium, that consumes caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, that has anything like normal blood pressure, the GI rattletrap will usually shoot better than the operator.

If you ARE playing the Bullseye game, carry on. If you're looking for a fixed sight, go to war gun, you can get there with A LOT more money left in the ammo budget.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master
    A les Baer has many more uses than bullseye. My Baers are every bit as reliable as any of my colt rattle traps, and I shoot it fast and dirty. A tight 1911 does just as fine as a rattle trap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Love Life; 07-05-2017 at 10:14 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I've not owned a DW but I have several LBs. I also own Wilsons, Ed Browns, and several custom built Colts. 5" Kimbers are also a good guns and currently have several of those. Having said all that, I believe the Baers are, hands down, a best for the money.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you." Joe Heller