Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: ? new seals for a Sheridan pellet pistol - CO2

Boolit Grand Master

? new seals for a Sheridan pellet pistol - CO2

I have a Sheridan pellet pistol that, outwardly, looks pristine. Works off a CO2 cartridge. Works just fine, but once in awhile, I can hear the compressed gases escaping. I'd like to sell it, but before I do, I want to have it serviced to correct this issue. My question is where would I send this thing to have a proper re-hab performed? I really don't mess with these kind of pistols. My "go-to" is my Webley TEMPEST, and it's the only one I really need.

Banned
    Pyramid Air Co.

Boolit Master
    Which model do you have. For the most part they are "easy" to reseal.
    I don't know if they are still doing work but AB air guns did great work for me in the past.

Boolit Grand Master
    mac1911 ------------------ It's a "E Series", 20 cal, ser#278xxx, Made in the USA, Sheridan Products, Racine, Wis, 53403. This is not an area I'm very familiar with. Don't know if it's old, still made, made someplace else, ............ ?? I would say it looks pristine, but has a definite leak, sometimes.

I'll try and contact Pyramid Air and AB Air Guns and see what they have to offer.

Thanks, 725

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Pyramyd Air is an authorized airgun repair station for Air Arms, Air Venturi, Beeman, Benjamin, Crosman, Eun Jin, Evanix, Mendoza, Sam Yang airguns. Call us at 888-262-4867 for more info. Please do not send us your airgun before calling us and receiving authorization to do so.
    from their site....
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Grand Master
    Hey, thanks Beagle333. Doesn't look like they do Sheridans.

You might give Roy a try. Marvin
    http://mountainaircustomairguns.com/

Boolit Grand Master
    Thanks

Boolit Master
    I've occasionally heard what sounded like a leak when charging my S^W 78g but with no signs of gas actually escaping. examining the capsule later I found the cap had only a very tiny pin hole, what I was hearing was gas from the capsule passing through that too small opening to fill the reservoir. Same happens every time I charge one of my Crosman 357 revolvers, the piercing pin of that gun is dull and only cracks the surface of the cap.

Check the cap of the capsule to see if its being pierced fully. The more recent manufacture capsules require a longer piercing pin than the old bottle cap type capsules. I replaced the pins of my 38T revolvers for just this reason.

Boolit Grand Master
    Could be. ?? I have crossman capsules of CO2 that seem to fit the description of a "bottle cap". I just don't know much about these things. The sounds I hear seem more than a gas transfer from the cartridge to the gun.

Boolit Master
    Dennis Baker at Baker Airguns: https://www.bakerairguns.com/
    Dennis will repair it, sell you the parts to repair it yourself, or maybe even buy it from you. Or take it in trade for a different airgun, new or used. Dennis is a stand-up guy, too.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
    Dennis Baker at Baker Airguns: https://www.bakerairguns.com/
    Dennis will repair it, sell you the parts to repair it yourself, or maybe even buy it from you. Or take it in trade for a different airgun, new or used. Dennis is a stand-up guy, too.
    I agree. I recently purchased a valve rebuild kit for a 30 year old Crosman CO2 pistol. My interaction with Mr. Baker was very positive.

Boolit Grand Master
    Glad to know. Think I'll be contacting him.

Boolit Mold
    contact me by e-mail. lroach1@hotmail.com

Jonah

Sheridan and Benjamin were bought out by Crossman.... THey do repairs but won't work on the older models made before Crossman bought them out.