RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Do You/Did You Do?

What Do You/Did You Do?

I've been lead estimator/production manager for a fire/water restoration company for the last 17 years. Before that, I built JCPenney stores for 13 years. Got to see a big chunk of our country doing that. Other than a 6 month stint at an automotive performance shop, I've been in construction pretty much since the day I graduated high school.

What is/was your profession, if you care to share?

I've been into civil engineering most of my live, currently an inspector for the Texas Dept. of Transportation.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Grand Master

Retired Electrical Lineman. I also hold a State Master Electricians License.

Boolit Master
    Mobile developer. iPhone and android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    My first career was as a car mechanic. Didn't make much money but learned valuable skills that serve me well and have saved thousands of dollars. During that time I earned a B.A. and then an M.A. in History because it is something I love. Got tired of the garage and wanted a predictable paycheck and benefits so I took a basic job as a criminal records clerk for a large police department. Did that for six years and then hit all cherries on the slot machine of job hunting. I went to work as an archivist at our court system's records storage facility which I really like and hopefully can retire from it.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master

I went to the Local Trade School in the Machine Trades program, Took my first job in a local job shop at around 15 1/2 years old. worked there thru high school then 18 years in a food plants can plant making cans and repairs parts. Went from there to Auto maker parts plant as tool and die maker for 15 years when I medically retired. Ive been a tool and die maker my whole career and really enjoyed it. I did a lot of R&D work at the food plant and new line set up at the auto plant.

Spent 40 years as a machinist, mostly for an aerospace forging manufacturer. Am now happily retired since 2014.
    Paul G

I am Retired, I was tired yesterday and I am tired today!!!

Ceramic Engineer from Clemson
    2.5 years making spark plugs for Champion Spark Plug in Ohio,
    8 years making the tubes for big screen projection tubes in SC for Hitachi
    12 years and counting making technical ceramics in SC. Started as a Design Engineer, now the Operations Manager. Fun stuff.

I probably have 20 more years to go!! (At least I hope that is all that will be needed!)
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Bub
    Taught for 30 years many subjects but currently Physical Education.

Welder. For a very long time. I'm glad I like welding.

Boolit Master
    Guess that I did a little bit of everything.Started learning mechanical work at 10 years old from my Father on our lawn eqp.Went from there to motor scooters,cycles,cars,light trucks and on to aircraft,marine and farm equipment.10 years doing security,investigation and bodyguard work.That was very interesting work.My primary carry piece was a 1911A1 .45 ACP.
    Some retail work in there also,including assistant mgr at a local auto parts house for several years until it was sold.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Grand Master
    Machinist,Bricklayer
    10 for the first 20 second now retired
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    spent first 30 years certified welder. 15 of that welding armor for the government. then learned tool and die making. did that for 10 years. retired now. have my own welding machine shop.

Banned

Did 24 years in the Army after college. I teach Junior ROTC now for five years.

Boolit Grand Master
    Been in the oil patch for 42 years, geologist for 39. Semi - retired, will quit when I die.

Boolit Buddy
    After a 3yr stint in Army Security Agency, I came back to Texas and went to work in the oilfield as a 'drilling fluids technician'. Retired in 2012 after 39yrs spread out from the Rio Grande Valley to Utah to Louisiana. I don't miss it.

Boolit Master

Ceramic tile setter, estimator, manager for 15 years, tile contractor for 22 years, police chaplain 7 years, now semi retired working 2 days a week.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

After Vo-Tech school in the early 80's I worked for Sperry semi-conductor as a process development research tech for a few years. Then a couple more years with a small company that did all sorts interesting things with magnetic media (floppy discs). Since '89 a police officer. Middle School resource Officer for the last 10 yrs. Retirement is 3 bad days away. (Not necessarily 3 days in a row)

Boolit Buddy
    Aircraft pilot/US Border Patrol: El Centro Sector....retired 15yrs. ago.

Boolit Master

10 years Army (11B),25 years rural mail carrier,retired now.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast