Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2

Thread: LAM 2 Cleaning...

Boolit Master

Question LAM 2 Cleaning...

Is there an easy way to remove one type of lube from this lube sizer so as to try another type of stick lube?...

Thanks...BCB

Yes, multiple threads detail just this. Have a look at the bottom of this page. Dragon813gt has a thread on rcbs LAM rebuild.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

You can hit it with a hair dryer until it all melts out, or immerse it in a bucket of boiling water. It will melt and float to the top. Or you can use my custom method of leaving the lube sizer heater on overnight. If you use my special method however, make sure you have a trash can or something under it to catch the lube. Mine all ended up all over the carpet...Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    You can hit it with a hair dryer until it all melts out, or immerse it in a bucket of boiling water. It will melt and float to the top. Or you can use my custom method of leaving the lube sizer heater on overnight. If you use my special method however, make sure you have a trash can or something under it to catch the lube. Mine all ended up all over the carpet...Oops.
    I can confirm the above heater method works well. But only on a LAM. I have a LAM and a Lyman 4500 with both heaters wired into the same voltage controller (call me cheap) to regulate the lube heat. When I left it switched on overnight there was a puddle of lube under the LAM but the 4500 didn't lose 1 drop. Managed to remove the majority of the lube out of the carpet using freezer spray but its still noticeable. Luckily my bedroom is due a new carpet this year so my reloading shed is in for a treat.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 using Tapatalk