Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MP MOLDS (mihec) 9mm 125 TC BB (classic lube) or 130 TC BB for HTC/powder 8 cav ALU

Did you receive any tracking info? I know they have to be signed for, but I have no idea when it's scheduled for delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    Did you receive any tracking info? I know they have to be signed for, but I have no idea when it's scheduled for delivery.
    Nope, never got tracking info with ANY of the MP Molds I ordered. Can be difficult considering several postal systems handle the package.

Okay. Thank you very much.

Boolit Bub
    Mine was in the mailbox today, Did not require a signature.

I have gotten at least 10 molds from Mihec and every single one required a signature. If it is just in your box the carrier probably ignored the signature requirement.

Boolit Bub
    Received mine as well. Wayyyy better than these Lee molds. Can't wait to try my first MP mold out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Got a missed delivery notification on my door today. I'll go pick it up tomorrow.

Picked mine up from the Post Office today. What a beauty!

Boolit Mold
    Mihec,
    Are there any more of these molds available? If so I'd like a no lube groove mold for powder coating.
    Thanks
    Never mind, I bought one from a member that had an extra one.
    Thanks anyway. MP molds are great!
    Last edited by Mr. Woodchuck; 08-04-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Vendor Sponsor

I still have some molds available.
    PM me if you want one.
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Boolit Buddy
    Wow I think this mold is the best in my collection. Once it got up to temp it was raining bullets and they just flew out every time I opened it up with no need for a thump to release them like my other molds. I like the locking grub screw on the bolts that's a neat touch and I wish all my other molds had them. Thanks Mihec!

Boolit Buddy
    Has anyone that purchased this mold with the standard lube groove used theirs yet. Just wondered how it's working. I purchased one of these shortly after the buy ended and just started using it this week. It's dropping bullets at .363, which seems a bit large. Alloy is range scrap with some type metal added to harden it a bit. Sizing them down to .357 is a bit of work to say the least.

I also have one cavity that doesn't like to cooperate and it usually takes about five whacks on the handles with the one pound dead blow to get the bullet to drop. It seems like there may be a burr, because I can feel a place on the edge of the bullet at the base, but I sure cannot see anything on the cavity of the mold. I've cast with it five times so I would have thought it was broken in by now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by ranger391xt View Post
    Has anyone that purchased this mold with the standard lube groove used theirs yet. Just wondered how it's working. I purchased one of these shortly after the buy ended and just started using it this week. It's dropping bullets at .363, which seems a bit large. Alloy is range scrap with some type metal added to harden it a bit. Sizing them down to .357 is a bit of work to say the least.

I also have one cavity that doesn't like to cooperate and it usually takes about five whacks on the handles with the one pound dead blow to get the bullet to drop. It seems like there may be a burr, because I can feel a place on the edge of the bullet at the base, but I sure cannot see anything on the cavity of the mold. I've cast with it five times so I would have thought it was broken in by now.

Do you have any pictures of boolits? This molds should drop .358 (max 359).
    www.mp-molds.com

Boolit Buddy
    Here is a picture of one from the cavity that they have been sticking in.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by ranger391xt View Post
    Here is a picture of one from the cavity that they have been sticking in.

Is this 8 cav mold?
    If so, do you hold only handles when casting or all three handles (sprue handle), too ?
    www.mp-molds.com

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MiHec View Post
    Is this 8 cav mold?
    If so, do you hold only handles when casting or all three handles (sprue handle), too ?
    This is an 8 Cavity aluminum mold.

I do not hold the sprue plate handle. I did for the first two or three fills the first time I used it and was getting bases with fins, which went away when I stopped holding the sprue plate handle.

The cavity that sticks really bad is the second from the end with the sprue plate pivot screw. I doubt that matters, but thought I'd mention it.

Vendor Sponsor

can you take a picture of the mold, too
    www.mp-molds.com

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MiHec View Post
    can you take a picture of the mold, too
    Here they are. 2nd cavity from left on the sprue plate side sticks the worst. I casted with it tonight. First rap and 3 or 4 fall out. 2nd rap there are two left. Third rap, the one remains and it's usually 3 or 4 more raps before it falls.

I tried keeping the melt under 700 tonight to see if that changed anything as I had been running around 750. No change in sticking in cavities or size. Bullets measure .3595 when measure at seams. Measured 90 degrees to seams the measure .362 to .364. Fill was not as good at lower temp.

Vendor Sponsor

see red spots. mold does not close ok and there is your problem. If you close cold mold I'm pretty sure that you will see the light.
    Try to remove dents and you should be ok.
    For any additional info send me Personal message

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cap2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	207769Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cap1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	207770
    www.mp-molds.com

Boolit Master

I snagged one of these offa Mihec as a leftover. This is the best mold I have ever used. I sit the cold mold on top of the molten alloy for a few mins and it gets really hot. Then I cast only two cavities closest to me. It took a while before the sprue changed color. Off with the sprue and two perfect boolits.

I then bottom poured all 8. From back to front works best and another 8 perfect boolits. I ran the RCBS furnace thru 2 refills and I have a very large pile of boolits on the bottom of the plastic 5 gallon pail under now warm water. I dumped them into a sink and let the water drain off. Remove to the ancient Turkish towel and I have a huge supply of boolits for my 9 MM's to utilize. I then pc'd about a hundred and loaded up 100 rounds. Makes a great boolit and it is the best mold I have...bar none.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123