Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."

—Matthew 18:20

I think Christians have the best songs of any religion on earth. The Christian faith is a singing faith, which is not necessarily true of other religions. They may chant, and they may moan. They may have their various forms of music. But there is no faith that is as full of vibrant, joyful singing as Christianity.

When we come together with God’s people in corporate worship, something wonderful happens. God manifests His presence in a unique way when His people come to honor His name. As Jesus said, “For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them” (Matthew 18:20).

God is omnipresent, which means that He is everywhere. In a technical sense, He is as present with us when we’re driving as He is when we’re in a church service. On the other hand, when we gather with other believers and lift up His name in praise together, God blesses in a special way. He manifests His presence and even His glory. There is nothing in the world like worship. It is a sense of fulfillment as we do what we were created to do, which is to glorify God.

The Bible tells us in Revelation 15, “And I saw something like a sea of glass mingled with fire, and those who have the victory over the beast, over his image and over his mark and over the number of his name, standing on the sea of glass, having harps of God. They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb” (verses 2–3). We will be singing in Heaven. So let’s start on Earth.

The Spirit-filled church will be a worshiping church. And the Spirit-filled Christian will be a worshiping Christian.

Alls good
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Moderator Emeritus

Wow! This is a thought I'd never before realized. Thanks! One of the greatest gifts any church can have is people with wonderful voices, who can make a song really MEAN something more than when we duffers sing ourselves. My church is blessed with a number of them. My neighbor is one. Richly blessed is the church with a great choir, too! Sometimes, the singing can be even better than the sermon! But the sermon is the "meat," while the singing is the "joy" in the mix. The singing just makes any message more poignant and clear. Great post!

Boolit Master

I love to sing praises to our God, Amen!

Boolit Master
    To sing praise to my God is my favorite part of worship! The Bible is filed with singing and making joyful noise to the Lord! God must love to hear us sing!

I was estranged from the church for around twenty years, and never sang at all during that time, not even singing along with the radio. When I came back, the first thing I did was join the choir, and now singing has become one of my joys in life. Christ has indeed put a new song in my mouth.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    Wow! This is a thought I'd never before realized. Thanks! One of the greatest gifts any church can have is people with wonderful voices, who can make a song really MEAN something more than when we duffers sing ourselves. My church is blessed with a number of them. My neighbor is one. Richly blessed is the church with a great choir, too! Sometimes, the singing can be even better than the sermon! But the sermon is the "meat," while the singing is the "joy" in the mix. The singing just makes any message more poignant and clear. Great post!
    Blackwater, on that detail I'll disagree. I grew up in Baptist Churches, singing the old hymns out of the Baptist Hymnal. When I went to Seminary I realized I already knew a good part of what they were teaching because of the hymns I grew up singing! Really good theology in many of those hymns. Remember, Psalms was the hymnal of the Temple and the Jewish people.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus

Point well taken, Wayne, and I'll concede that without the least protest. They DO teach a lot, and maybe most especially to the very young. It seems they learn a new song in church, and go singing it all through the weeks that follow. I love a kid with a bit of bravado who likes to show a new song he's learned. My youngest grand was a lot like that. Great kid! I'm SO blessed!!!!