WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Lead tape

Boolit Master

Lead tape

Today while checking out one of my usual sources I saw a new application for lead. For golfers, 2 inch strips of "lead tape", applied to the back of the club, adds to the strength of the swing.

Oh, I did find a split shot mold, Do-It, No.s 1 and 2 which I will use to mold the tin sinkers favored here in NY's Finger Lakes.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Grand Master

A new application for stick on wheelweights!

Do-it are by far my favorite molds for fishing sinkers.

I have both a split shot and a walking sinker mold. Walking sinker in 1/8th oz sizes from 1/8th to 1 oz and does not skip many in the middle.

Mostly I use the 1/2 oz and 5/8ths for river fishing, cheap to make from scrap lead, WW, roof flashing, whatever you can find. I do give them a smack on the anvil with a 2 lb hammer, flattens them out nicely so they don't roll.

I cast maybe half a pot with my small lee dip pot tuesday. Should keep me in sinkers for the summer. Do-it molds are also reasonably priced.

I have not gotten so I believe all the anti lead hype. I don't think many critters are going to dive 20-30 feet deep and dig in the red river mud to find one of my half ounce sinkers. And if they did find it I don't think they would swallow it.

Split shot, perhaps.