Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: I think some of us may need a reminder.

I think some of us may need a reminder.

Psalm 23

1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Amen-
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Moderator Emeritus

It's funny, but just today at the Senior's luncheon at church, one of the guys there was talking about how folks want so much some new this or that, and how he doesn't even want any of that sort of thing any more. Truly, when we find ourselves not wanting, which is usually in our "Golden Years," we find a very rich blessing, and a truth that usually eludes the young for a long time. When we see what we have as sufficient, it's a very humbling thing, and very edifying, and gives us a kind of freedom that lusting for material things can never bring us.

Wisdom doesn't automatically come with age, but age sure makes acquiring it a lot easier! I think that's because our egos kind'a subside into the misty past, and reality becomes much more comforting and illuminating? Whatever the reason, it's good to get to a point like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    It's funny, but just today at the Senior's luncheon at church, one of the guys there was talking about how folks want so much some new this or that, and how he doesn't even want any of that sort of thing any more. Truly, when we find ourselves not wanting, which is usually in our "Golden Years," we find a very rich blessing, and a truth that usually eludes the young for a long time. When we see what we have as sufficient, it's a very humbling thing, and very edifying, and gives us a kind of freedom that lusting for material things can never bring us.

Wisdom doesn't automatically come with age, but age sure makes acquiring it a lot easier! I think that's because our egos kind'a subside into the misty past, and reality becomes much more comforting and illuminating? Whatever the reason, it's good to get to a point like this.
    Much in the sense that the HOSS wrote across our chest is still there, it's just not all caps anymore.