¼ teaspoon garlic powder
    ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
    ¼ teaspoon onion powder
    ¼ teaspoon turmeric
    ½ teaspoon paprika
    ½ teaspoon chili powder
    1 teaspoon black pepper

Instructions
    1. Combine all ingredients in a gallon *sized plastic bag and seal it tightly. Shake it to thoroughly combine all
    ingredients.
    2. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bottom of the bag and pour the contents into a spice container.
    3. Generously cover each side of the steak with the seasoning and let it rest for about 40 minutes. This allows
    the salt to penetrate through the surface (through osmosis, oohhhh…) and actually helps break down the
    muscle fibers, which results in a more tender meat. During this time, the liquid that initially surfaced has
    time to reabsorb, which makes the meat juicer.
    4. Once the grill is nice and hot, place the steak(s) on and cook for 4*5 minutes, until it’s browned and slightly
    charred. Flip it over and cook for the following additional time:
    5. *5 minutes: Medium Rare
    6. *7 minutes: Medium
    7. *10 minutes: Medium Well
    Notes
    This rub is GREAT on burgers as well!
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    I will bet that works great!

It is pretty close in ingredients to the rub I make for my smoked pork cuts. I don't use the cornstarch, turmeric, or garlic "salt" & there are one or two spices I use that I do not see included either. In this recipe the ratios are just a little bit different for the rub I make, but it sure is close. I make enough to fill what I think is a 2-1/2 gallon food grade lidded bucket when I make it, so the amounts are surely not the same, but as I said, the ratios are close.

I will try this one out this week on some steaks. Thanks for sharing!

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    We ordered the turmeric from Amazon

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Copied and sent it to myself in an email. Will have to try this for sure.

Boolit Master

We put this on chuckeye steak yesterday and it tasted just like Texas Roadhouse Steak

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Moderator Emeritus

Not a fan of sugar in beef rubs... but this is close to my house seasoning...

1/3 salt(kosher), garlic powder, onion powder, then black pepper and half sharp hot paprika to taste. Good all around beef/chicken/pork rub okay on fish(bit to strong on mild freshwater fish).

If I want this beef only I take some of the above and add ground bay and ground celery seed in equal(tiny!) amounts. Doesn't take much, you don't really want to taste the celery or bay leaf.

Boolit Mold
    If this works, you are my hero....will report back.

Boolit Grand Master

Copied........ thanks

Boolit Grand Master
    Virtually ALL rubs have different amounts of above mentioned ingredients. Google homemade meat rubs and see for yourself.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Virtually ALL rubs have different amounts of above mentioned ingredients. Google homemade meat rubs and see for yourself.

Shiloh
    Which one taste like Texas Roadhouse Steak Rub?

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Copied

Boolit Bub

Tried it on some 1" thick bone in Ribeyes. Liberally coated both sides and let em sit on the counter to marinate and come to room temp for 2 hours. 10 minutes per side on a hot Treager grill, then a 5 minute rest with a pat of butter on each steak. They were melt in yo mouth good!! Thanks for posting the recipe!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cowpoke View Post
    Tried it on some 1" thick bone in Ribeyes. Liberally coated both sides and let em sit on the counter to marinate and come to room temp for 2 hours. 10 minutes per side on a hot Treager grill, then a 5 minute rest with a pat of butter on each steak. They were melt in yo mouth good!! Thanks for posting the recipe!
    Glad it worked for you.

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cowpoke View Post
    Pat of butter on each steak. I am going to try this

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Moderator Emeritus

I make a mushroom butter with fine chopped morels(or button mushrooms when I am out of morels). Fine chop the mushrooms and saute in butter over low heat until they caramelize. This can take an hour or more, don't try to rush it and burn the butter. When almost done I add a smashed and chopped clove of garlic, splash of worchestershire sauce then cook that until most of the liquid is gone.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    I make a mushroom butter with fine chopped morels(or button mushrooms when I am out of morels). Fine chop the mushrooms and saute in butter over low heat until they caramelize. This can take an hour or more, don't try to rush it and burn the butter. When almost done I add a smashed and chopped clove of garlic, splash of worchestershire sauce then cook that until most of the liquid is gone.
    Mary this sounds delicious. On our to do list
    Thanks

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Buddy

Very Tasty

Boolit Master
    I like Marjoram in my Beef rubs.

When the local Safeway stores have top sirloin on sale I'll have the meat cutter cut a true 3-inch slab of Sirloin. At home I sprinkle it with some salt and coarse ground black pepper then sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder hot paprika Marjoram and whatever else strikes me as a good idea that day. Usually just the above; proportions not too important the better I like it the more I'll put on, till the meat is well covered all around. Then wrap it up in plastic shrink wrap tightly and put it in the fridge for at least overnight, up to a few days.

Day of the cook I'll get my charcoal grill really hot and pull out the meat just before I light the chimney(I NEVER use lighter fluid) using a propane torch. When the fire is ready and the grill is good and hot, usually takes about 15-30 minutes depending on how good I'm doin' that day, I roast it 15 minutes per side for medium rare, let it rest then slice into 1/8 to 1/2 inch slices. You want a true 3 inch slab if going for the full 30 minutes...cook time will vary depending on the wood and fire you use, of course--
    It helps if you are able to tell the doneness by how the meat feels when you push on it with tongs or whatever.I've had the roast done in as little as 18-20 minutes if the meat is not evenly cut sometimes as long as 18 minutes per side...kinda hard sometimes to get the the cutter to do an even, full three inches but boy does it come out good!

EDIT: Been a couple of years since I've done one of these I didn't mention that I use a BBQ grill with a tight lid a damper and a chimney that I can open wide for high heat and also close up tight enough to have it go out.

Sear the roast on both sides 4-5 min each over hottest coals then slow down the fire to a medium heat for the rest
    of the cook until desired doneness is reached.
    Last edited by CHeatermk3; 07-04-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Trying it in about 15 minutes

Boolit Buddy
    Just tried this tonite on some ribeyes. Fantastic. Thanks for this.