WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Looking for help restoring TC Renegade

Boolit Mold

Looking for help restoring TC Renegade

Hi everyone just joined here. Im not sure if this is the right category in the forum for this topic...saw a couple that it may have worked under. If it is the wrong place I apologize.

I was given a TC flintlock missing the lock and trigger assembly. I am trying to restore this gun to use as a deer hunting rifle. I have posted on various Facebook groups and haven't came up with any definitive answers yet. A gentleman in one of those groups directed me to this forum. It appears that i have a renegade. I already own a hawken and the trigger assembly from that gun does not fit this one. Also there is no inletting at the rear of the trigger area for the long trigger guard used on the set trigger models. These all lead me to believe i have a renegade hunter.

Now...in my research i have found tc made a couple different single triggers. One of them utilized a bolt that ran from the tang and into the trigger guard. The other simply just screws in with wood screws. Another thing that has me confused is my stock only has one screw hole in the trigger area. Shouldn't there be two? I assume this is a factory finished stock and not a kit gun because the barrel serial number os not a k number.

So...what im trying to figure out is what trigger do i need to finish this gun? I believe im going to pair this trigger with a l&r lock but im open to suggestions on that as well. I appreciate everyones help on this in advance. Thanks for having me here. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0552.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	198093Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0555.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	198094Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0554.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	198095Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0553.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	198096Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0557.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	198097Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0556.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	198098

Perma-Banned
    this would have been better posted in the muzzleloader section but, no big deal as long as the mods don't get all anal about it.

with the recoil pad plus inlet for single trigger it appears you have a Renegade Hunter stock. the missing front tang screw would have been a machine screw that went down through the stock into a threaded hole in the triggerguard instead of the more common wood screw. this theoretically made the stock stronger in this area. if you don't find a trigger assembly with the threaded hole you can use the one without by usin' two small wood screws to hold it in and puttin' a plastic screw anchor in the front tang hole to use a wood screw there too.

the L&R lock uses a V-spring mainspring instead of the coil spring T/C used which will require fidgetin' with the lock inlet to make it work right and may or may not be compatible with the T/C single trigger assembly.

any other questions just fire away. always somebody around willin' to help. luck with yer project & have a good'en, bubba.

Moderator Emeritus

Speed,
    welcome to the forum.
    I moved your thread here. Hope you get the answer you are looking for.
    Good Luck with the Muzzleloader.
    Jon

PS, PM sent with link redirect
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Honestly the TC factory single triggers aren't that great the geometry is all off making them too heavy a pull . If it were me I'd make or buy simple trigger and and plate combo and pin the trigger higher than what TC did .
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Mold
    I dont have any wood working skill or tools to fit a different trigger. Really wish i could just buy davis or l&r triggers so i can get a nice pull. What would i pay to have those triggers fit do you think?

Perma-Banned
    Renegades are nice guns but, they don't command a big premium on the used gun market & can be had for very reasonable prices. you will be miles & light-years ahead if you just trade the single trigger stock for the double trigger one or sell it & put the money towards one. nothin' you do is gonna look like anything but a hack job tryin' to "convert" it. I've been lookin' for a single trigger stock & if I had any spare cash or a double trigger stock I'd make ya an offer myself.

luck to ya & have a good'en, bubba.

Boolit Master

Search Ebay for the bolt in original parts