Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Bull Run Muzzle Loaders

Bull Run Muzzle Loaders

The web site is under construction, but it may prove of interest to some. If you're in the area, come join us!!

http://www.bullrunmuzzleloaders.com

Boolit Master
    Great looking website and I imagine from your rules that everyone has a ton of fun. In the second picture, what is that stuff on the ground.....snow? Yike in the San Diego area we don't shoot if it gets below 50 degrees!

Perma-Banned
    if you wuz about 150 miles closer......................

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Great website - looks like a great group of folks and a lot of fun! I wish we had a club like this in my area. Years ago, we had a NMLRA sanctioned group that we would get together once a month for a informal shoot - lots of kidding and laughter and nobody took the hassle nor the shooting too seriously. Thanks for posting and just goes to show you what can be done for those that are interested enough to make it happen! Good luck to you all!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldracer View Post
    Great looking website and I imagine from your rules that everyone has a ton of fun. In the second picture, what is that stuff on the ground.....snow? Yike in the San Diego area we don't shoot if it gets below 50 degrees!
    Ha! At our winter sporting and military rifle shoots, cut off temperature is 25 degrees. For the muzzleloader club, no holds barred, if you can stand to be there, we shoot~!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you for the invitation it looks like you have a fine club.

And I would like to extend my best wishes to everyone and also extend our invitation to my clubs Rendevous this weekend in Manistee Michigan. I'll post our website, and we're wishing you all a great summer.

www.manisteemuzzleloaders.org

Thanks,

Jack Lee

oldracer ... The picture with the white stuff is indeed snow. On that day we had a combination of elements that resulted in very unusual conditions for this area. Normally we're close enough to Washington, DC that the political hot air keeps things nice. But, as I remember, on this day the ambient temperature was -5 F degrees and the wind chill was -20 degrees. Yep, those are negative numbers. One guy with a flintlock had to stack it next to the wood stove so the frizzen would get warm enough to spark. Spit patches would freeze to the roundball and go flapping down range. Wiping patches would freeze half way down the bore. The young lady had a roundball freeze to her fingers. Yep, we do have our fun in interesting ways, don't we.

The one thing I notice from the pictures on the home page is it appears there is an extreme shortage of the plastic gun generation.

Maybe if there was more of these being sold:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR15_BP.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	198108
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.