MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marlin 25m to centerfire???

Quote Originally Posted by 3leggedturtle View Post
    Uh yep! How much have we saved by reloading? Someone please tell me... Todd/3leg
    hahahaha

Boolit Master
    I think the "Savings" is in the 'fun' of tuning your reloads to your firearm.
    In the case of .25ACP; both SAAMI and CIP specify a Test Barrel length of about 6 inches.Testing of Factory .25ACP in a T/C pistol with a 18" barrel then cutting 1" off the Barrel muzzle and retesting repeatedly as recorded by the B.B.T.I. web site indicates that the Factory loads seem to 'run out of steam' at about 16 to 17 inch barrel length, 18 Inch muzzle velocity measured slightly LOWER than that at 16 inch or 17 inch length.

Home reloading allow the user to 'improve' the performance if the given cartridge in their particular firearm by changing propellant type and quantity while still keeping the MAP Pmax within limits.

Chev. William

Boolit Master
    Can't find the thread today but there was a member who built a 25 ACP or 32 ACP rifle just for the heckuvit. Sounded like a very labor-intensive project.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    Looking at a Parts Diagram of the Marlin 25M/26MN rifles; it looks like it employed a single locking feature, the Bolt handle, as the means to lock the bolt into the Receiver in Battery condition. Depending upon this single lock 'lug' means the ultimate strength of the bolt/handle alloy and Heat Treatment would be probable limiting factor for rebuilding to Larger diameter cartridges due to increasing Breech Face thrust pressures. going from .22WMR to .25ACP, or even a '.25MACP' of similar case length and overall cartridge lengths, would be feasible as the pressures are comparable.

Of course a "lug Failure' would lead to the Bolt exiting the receiver to the rear at a rapid pace, perhaps being stopped by the shooter's face, eye socket, or forehead.

in any case, regarding the Day:
    This Morning, on the Celebrated Anniversary Day of the Birth of Jesus of Nazareth in Bethlehem, I wish all my Family, My Friends, and My Acquaintances a Very Happy and Merry Christmas.
    Chev. William

Boolit Mold
    Last year I ordered a 32 H&R mag barrel from MGM for my G2, I love it, shooting 32 S&W is a hoot, sounds like a pellet gun! I'm tempted to order a 25 acp "just because".

Boolit Master
    RE: .25ACP barrel; Please consider having it custom Chyambered with a Constant diameter body of about .2796" as this will prevent an 'unsightly' circumferential bulge on your fired cases. The typical Chamber reamer use for .25ACP has a Tapered Body that can allow 'over-expansion' of the case wall on firing.

I think you will enjoy shooting .25ACP out of a Longer Barrel that will give better accuracy than the typical 2 to 4 inch 'stubby' barrels usually supplied on .25ACP firearms.

Chev. William

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12