Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxWideners
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Load Development, Powder Coating, Gas Checks, etc

Boolit Buddy

Load Development, Powder Coating, Gas Checks, etc

I ordered some of the "Clear" PC from Smoke. I will soon cast my first rifle boolits for a 300 Blackout (Semiauto) and Remington Model 700 in 308 using the Lee C309-200R.

My Alloy will be COWW + 2% Tin.

Powders of choice are 1680 for the 300BLK and Reloader 15 (works great for Jwords) for the 700, but I am open to suggestions.

The 300BlK will be loaded to subsonic (suppressor) and the .308 will be supersonic. I will let both rifles, etc determine the final loads (accuracy nodes). However, any advice on how hard a cast boolit can actually be pushed would be helpful. Of coarse, it depends on the rifle, etc so I'm just trying to get a better understanding (checking myself) for the limitations of cast boolits at rifle velocities.

My normal powder coating procedure using a mold with a PB design is to cast, size, PC and size again. Being my first time PCing and using a GC, I need your help with the procedure to save some potential headaches, if any.

Should I cast, PC, add the GC and size or ? As I'm concerned that if I size after casting before PCing then the swaged boolit my cause issues with how the GC goes on.
    Last edited by TXCOONDOG; 06-20-2017 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Additional information

Boolit Buddy
    It can be done both ways I PC then check , I push them around 2.400 fps.

CC

Boolit Master

Cast, size/check, PC, and then size again to fit the throat. Works for me and my SKS and 2 Lee-Enfields.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')