Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: John 13;34

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

John 13;34

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Grand Master

Good reminder. Thank You!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Good morning Boaz, thank you for a timely reminder.

Moderator Emeritus

Charlie, that is a tall order and one that I struggle with daily. By nature we are judgemental and yet I try to live up to this command. Thanks for the reminder and the stepping on the toes....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master
    Yes Charlie but I cannot bring myself to love everyone. At least not yet.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Yes Charlie but I cannot bring myself to love everyone. At least not yet.
    Biblical love is an act of will, not emotion. Jesus told us to do for others what we'd want others to do for us. He didn't required that we feel a certain way toward others. We can do good for people we really can't stand. It's hard to control emotions. It is less difficult to control our actions.

Boolit Grand Master

Our culture wants to forget that love is an act of the will, not the emotions. At least Agape is. It is in marriage, as well. We would not have celebrated our 42nd anniversary without both of us realizing and acting on this.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Might be the most difficult to follow order in the whole Bible.

Caring about the safety and welfare of EVERYONE when there are so many useless walking piles of fecal matter on this earth.....it's a tall order man, for sure.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Master

Amen to that - You'd think all us old guys would have that one down by now
    Being human is not for sissies.

Moderator Emeritus

This is indeed a VERY difficult commandment to fulfill. But there's a REASON He gave it to us. We were never put here to fulfill our carnal and willful natures, but to fulfill HIS purpose, as He gave it to us. And it's overcoming our natural proclivities that is at least half the battle in doing that. And the only thing that makes is so "hard" for us to forego our natural proclivities, is simply that we WANT to fulfill them, no matter WHAT the Lord has directed us to do! But He's also promised us that if we follow His will and instructions and advice, we WILL be MUCH happier and more satisfied, than if we follow our own proclivities.

What a wonderful, righteous and loving God we serve!

Super Moderator Emeritus
    This is why Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to give us the help we need to overcome our self..
    None of us are able to live Godly lives without submission to the Spirits leadership. In truth we battle our self every day.

That's the truth Jim, and sometimes we lose that battle. The important thing is to recognize it, repent and reconcile, and move on. Too often we wallow in it and let our emotions consume us. Thank God for the strength of Faith, through the Holy Spirit, that allows us to overcome our weakness and get back on track. Thank you Jesus.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Wow, Jim! You really hit the nail on the head with that comment! Amen!

Keep working on it Don.

My wife and I have been married for 21 years. You can really get to know someone in that time. A while back we found we were both guilty of taking our pain, frustration, anger out on the other.

It has taken a conscious choice on both sides when we are in pain and hurting to not take it out on each other.

Its hard, and sometimes we fail. The good news is that we have not had a serious fight for 3 months. And every week it has gotten easier.

I believe when we are hurting, hurting badly from physical pain, emotional pain that our first instinct is to lash out. To hurt, get angry, blow it all out.

But if we are truly Christian, when we see that person ready to blow. If we love enough, we can help not hurt. But it takes patience, tenderness, and a willingness to take that first blow and turn the other cheek.

I don't know if it will work for anyone else, but I felt I had to share.

We use a both hands open and UP, a loud STOP. I am not going to fight with you. I am sorry you hurt. How can I help?

A soft voice can turneth away wrath.

Boolit Grand Master
    Thank you for your post GH. It is enlightening.

I am struggling with how I have hurt the woman of my life and your experience is very helpful.
    Don Verna

I have something to add, and it is germane to the thread from my point of view, it is here for your consideration.

Two points that impress me, hath made is past tense, already done, and to whom;

Rev 1:4-6 KJV John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; (5) And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (6) And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

and being priest unto God and his Father, we are to minister to Him, God. How do we do that?

Mat 25:37-40 KJV Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? (38) When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? (39) Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? (40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

When we push aside the carnal desires to win an argument, and instead try to minister to our antagonist, we are fulfilling our priestly duties and ministering unto God.

I have failed miserably, on more occasions that I can count, but since the day this was brought to me, I have grown much. Not to say I don't still fail, stumble, but repentance brings forgiveness and forgiveness brings atonement, so we are made clean again.

brought to you IMHO.