MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Gallery Of Casting And Reloading Hand Tools

Boolit Grand Master
    Landy88, those tools have been around my place for years, especially for the old hyphenated calibers (45-70, 32-40, etc.) I like them so much I made a special miniature arbor press to use them. Just wait until you start trying to find them in some of the more obscure calibers!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Trade Bait!

Quote Originally Posted by Landy88 View Post
    Found on the web - a Lyman / Ideal Shell Resizer, a hand tool to FL resize to supplement their tong tools and little presses that don't.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shell  resizer.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	223639

And, it is also a good object lesson in why we should only use soft(er) faced mallets with hand tools.
    I have been collecting these for years. Since I usually buy bunches at a time, I have many of the obscure calibers. Some have boxes, many don't. Some have push rods and some don't. My measuring push rods to put with them leads me to believe there are generic sized rods rather than a specific rod size for each caliber. I even managed to sort them out and inventory them so I can find them.
    Last edited by BrassMagnet; 07-13-2018 at 08:08 AM. Reason: added picture which didn't transfer

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    I have been collecting these for years. Since I usually buy bunches at a time, I have many of the obscure calibers. Some have boxes, many don't. Some have push rods and some don't. My measuring push rods to put with them leads me to believe there are generic sized rods rather than a specific rod size for each caliber. I even managed to sort them out and inventory them so I can find them.
    BM

I need one of these in 338 WM !!! DO you happen to have one ???

PM me
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dsh1106 View Post
    BM

PM me
    No 338 Win Mag. That is probably too new!

Quote Originally Posted by dsh1106 View Post
    BM

PM me
    dsh1106, you can probably get something very similar, with better tolerances and better materials from L.E. Wilson co. It just won't be at ebay or garage sale pricing.

The previous Lee Loader pics left out the MRC part of that lineage, the Improved and Unitized loaders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	223649

While I wanted to try a whack-a-mole loader I never fully liked Lee's priming and bullet seating combo for either, awhile back I found and bought this MRC Improved to begin to scratch my mole whacking itch. Nice tool set, and I think actually improved.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Boolit Grand Master
    Landy88, the MRC unit you show, along with Lee’s Target version (Zero Error?) of the “whack-a-mole” type sets represent the pinnacle of development in the genre. Once you get secure priming taken care of, the rest is a piece of cake!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12