RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Looking for a 65-80% lower with a twist

Looking for a 65-80% lower with a twist

Not a real mechanical twist of course! The ideal lower for my purposes would have a drilled and threaded buffer tube hole, trigger group cavity, but NO mag well cavity, NO mag release cavity. Is there a product out there which fits this description? It can be blemished as hell, I don't care, as long as I can drill fire control group holes and bolt it up to a custom upper which does not feed from a magazine (single shot bolt action).

Help much appreciated!

Not that I've seen. On ALL the 80% I've seen, the magwell is finished, and mag release cavity is done.trigger assembly is solid. Most have threaded buffer​ tube area finished. You are closer to a 100%.

Boolit Buddy

80% lower with twist

go to some of the 50 cal forms they use that style lower on their bolt guns.

Actually, just watched a few videos on how simple it is to use a router jig to finish the fire control group, and now I realize that all I need is a 65% lower with the threaded buffer tube hole. Thinking that any manufacturer of unfinished lowers should be able to provide that at a pretty low cost. Yes, I was contemplating building a DA50 from Canada Ammo. One thing that is still turning me off is that there is a blog post where a new one printed 3" groups at 100 yards. Kind of defeats the purpose.