Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: 24 gauge hulls

Boolit Master

24 gauge hulls

has any body tried buying 24 gauge empty plastic shot hulls lately? they seem to be as rare as rocking horse droppings. I use them in my .577 SNIDER be cause they are a whole lot less expensive than the 24 gauge brass shells. but no one has them. I used to get them from BALLISTIC PRODUCTS for $15 a hundred primed. no more. I guess every one has horded them? any else had a hard time finding them?

Boolit Master
    eric at ballistic products is taking backorders and says they are expecting a shipment by end of week.

Boolit Master
    I just too days ago got there catalog and they have no CHEDDITE shells listed.

Boolit Master
    I just use the brass ones and disabled the ejectors on my double shotgun

Looks around for a Skeet range near you that has tournaments. That is one of the 4 gauges they like to shoot. Right after a tournament you might be able to score some. Might have to be the same day after it is over if they clean them up quickly.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Boolit Master
    I think you are confusing this with the more common 28ga. Skeet classes are 12ga, 20ga, 28ga, and .410ga.

24ga was not as common, but, was supposed to be a good fit for a .577-450 Martini-Henry that had a bad barrel. Rim sizes were similar?