Repackbox Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old style Lee hand prime

Boolit Master
    I need the clear top cover
    EDG

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Anyone still use the old Lee hand prime?????
    The one with the round primer tray.
    I have some parts for it.
    I have one that is missing parts.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    Didn't think so many people still used it.
    To be as fair as I think I can be, I'll put it up for auction. Starting price is shipping only.

Boolit Master

I believe I still use one, replacing the pot metal parts as they break. Lee "quality" always amuses me.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master

I've got 3 of them. Used them regularly since the late 80's, until a few months ago when I got a Classic Turret Press.

Boolit Master

Had one that was NIB, with no shell holders. Listed it for sale and just moments before it sold, decided I should have kept it and adapted it to loading primer tubes for my RCBS bench primer.

Got several of them. Set I up each for SP, SR, LP, & LR. They work great. They're my 'go to' primer tool. They went through the flood too and still work great.
    Rob

Vendor Sponsor

I have my original Lee Hand primer form1971. it is the one that is single loaded and doesn't have the primer tray. I found another one recently that had a few shell holders with it and I snapped it up for $5. I use that priming tool more than all the rest I have combined.

Always looking for shell holders for that tool, and I've got some odd ones.

Also both of mine got the complete deburring and polish treatment so they feel real good in my hand.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 06-20-2017 at 01:11 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Yep, I still use mine and prefer it over the Ergo Lee - or the RCBS hand tool (universal no shell holder)
    Picked up a spare and a few parts. Wonder if someone else could make this tool out of good metal for a reasonable price.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

I have only one. Replaced the top 30 years ago. Wish I had another.
    NRA Benefactor Member

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Yep, I still use mine and prefer it over the Ergo Lee - or the RCBS hand tool (universal no shell holder)
    Picked up a spare and a few parts. Wonder if someone else could make this tool out of good metal for a reasonable price.
    I would consider getting some of parts made from plastic on a 3-D printer.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I have two, the first one was single load, the second had the two trays. installed one sp tray in one handle, lp tray on 2nd. handle. Someone here posted that Titan reloading had the round clear plastic cover, so I bought two. So now I have one on each dedicated handle and a spare.

Boolit Bub
    I bought one off ebay years ago and it's still going strong, from reading this thread and a couple of others on other sites some one could do very well 3D printing some spares or CNCing the metal bits,I wouldn't think a big problem as Lee no longer sells them or supports them at all

cheers

Reddirt204

Boolit Master
    Lee sells the dog-bone part still- part # pt2970 for $3. I'd call about the lever- I recently bought a couple but I can't remember where- either Lee, Midway. Midsouth
    Loren

I'd guess you could say I'm a user
    Attachment 197820
    All mine are over thirty at least and the covers have yellowed with use. Great tool, for me.
    Roy

Boolit Bub
    I only have the one bought in the mid 70's I'd say when they were first available in UK. It seems to be better quality than the newer versions of the same and has primed an awful lot of cases.
    Only problem I ever had is with the shell holders - they tend to vary in thickness quite a bit and if thin can leave the primer a coupla thou proud. I mike up all new ones and if I get a thin one I cut out and glue a suitable shim on the top side - problem solved.

Boolit Master
    I still use mine...purchased sometime in the late 70's

Boolit Master
    I have owned one since the mid 80's. Just last year I saw one new in a dusty, faded box in a small shop with a $15 price tag on it. So now I have two.

I don't use mine as much as I used to since getting an RCBS APS unit with the universal shellholder. I have enough empty APS strips to last a lifetime.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

I have at least two of the round style and on or two of the newer square style. I like the round ones better. Used one since the late 70's.

Used the square style on some 220 Swifts yesterday. I am glad that I did because a few of the primer pockets were getting a little loose. Just don't get that feel on the Dillon.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    I have 8 to 12 but have given a couple few away. Regardless, I have a fleet and a bone-yard of parts. I got a bunch of replacement "tops" so I am good for 20 to 30 years. Great tool.
    Got a bunch here also, been using them for "years" like others, one for SP other LP, there was 2 model numbers for the older ones, have both, they changed the "bone shaped" thing, got to look at the boxes.
    Flea-bay has parts from time to time.

Wish I could find the powder hopper for a ole Ohaus Duo-measure or some one to 3D print one..
    oh well..

-Rock

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast