Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: 6.5 Creedmore

Boolit Master

6.5 Creedmore

Anyone here forming 6.5 Creedmore brass? If so what is your preferred doner? 22-250, 243, 250-3000, 7mm-08, 308 and what is your process for your preferred doner?

Boolit Master

Only one I did was with 243, I didn't neck turn them at all and they seemed to work very well. Only made a few while I waited for my 6.5 brass to arrive.

Banned
    i've done 22-250 rem brass into 6.5 cm, i only did a few too. you only need a 6.5 cm die and i did not neck turn. the neck is .01"(i think) to small. it still shoots like 6.5cm hornady brass.

Just made some up using LC .308 brass. Reformed in the FL Die, trimmed, neck turned and then annealed. Loading some up on the 4th!

Boolit Bub
    Is the creedmore really more accurate then a 243,6mm, 260,6.5x55 or 6.5-284?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 747 captain View Post
    Read the Rifleman story of it.

It is a "purpose designed" cartridge to meet a specific set of wishes.

All of the cartridges you cite can be very accurate but none was purpose designed for uses that the 6.5 CM was.

Except for the 6.5-284 none can compete with the CM for 1000 yard target shooting. The CM does it with less fuss, factory brass is available and there are a slew of rifles in every price range.

As did the 222 Remington did back in the 50s, the CM has set a new standard for out of the box accuracy, inexpensive high performance rifles and dead simple reloading.

Buy one, you'll be happy !

Boolit Master
    Savage makes a few 6.5 creedmore rifles in different price ranges. From the Savage axis in 6.5CM to a bolt action one that the stock is adjustable for length of pull and adjustable cheek rest. Been giving serious thought to doing a rebarrel from 308 to 6.5CM with a shilen match select barrel, buy the headspace guages and barrel nut wrench. Many Savage videos on you tube detail how this is done. Was thinking of having my 40x single shot done also. Has a 27" 7.62 nato bbl on it. Frank

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 747 captain View Post
    The 6.5 Creedmoor and now the 6 Creedmoor are the current flavor of the month. It is a very good cartridge and for some application it is one of the better ones. That being said nothing magical about it.

If not for the Tactical rifle competition on TV it would be just another not very common caliber design to a specific group of competition shooter.

Some good comparisons here.
    http://demigodllc.com/articles/6.5-s...-6.5-creedmoor

http://demigodllc.com/articles/6.5-c...one-right/?p=1
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 10-20-2017 at 02:41 AM.

Banned

Very good comparison article M-Tecs. I've been telling everyone in my circle that's no better no worse then the 260 Remington. It does have a more modern better designed case. On Remington's plain jane 260's they hindered it's performance potential by too short of an action and loading the bullets into the powder space. The 6.5 CR doesn't do that by case design. Also Remington pushed it with the 120 grain bullets in mind and if you load 139's and 140's, because of the short throat/leade, you have to seat into the powder.

It's just the current wave.

These are indeed great articles. I have great fun with the 6.5CM, though had considered the 260Rem. I caught the 6.5CM craze just right; I have access to brass and all other components and loaded match ammo relatively easy...seems to me, brass not so prevalent with the 260Rem. But like the demigod articles say, both of these calibers are pretty close in performance, so I'm sure I would have had fun with the 260 too!