Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Lyman 321265 Mold

Boolit Buddy

Lyman 321265 Mold

Gentlemen,
    I recently purchased a Model 94 in 32 Winchester Special made in 1937. The bore is nice, and it shoots jacketed Hornady 170s over 3031 as good as I can hold it. I have two molds, a Lyman 321297 and Lyman 321265 hollow point. I have yet to slug the barrel, and I will probably be limited to the Lee .323 sizer to start. Other than the ubiquitous 10 grains of Unique, I'm looking for some safe starting points with these bullets. I have quantities of Alliant 2400, Unique, IMR3031, and H335. My primers are Winchester, but I can buy others if recommended. While I have some starting points for the 321297 bullet from a Lyman/Ideal manual, I am looking for a safe starting place with these powders for the 321265, or Lyman 321232 which I understand is the same without hollow point. My objective is some nice easy on the bore fun loads for this rifle . I am casting with wheel weights and range scrap mixed, with added tin solder picked up at yard sales. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks, Jim

Boolit Man
    This is a pdf file from castpics.net of ideal and lyman molds. http://www.castpics.net/subsite/Hist...LymanMolds.pdf
    The list shows your 321265 as a 153 grain plane base. I would use the Unique or 2400 powder for load development with this boolit. You can safely use 30-30 win data for your 32 Win special. The 311440 shown in Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook 3rd edition, or the Lee 309-150-rf shown in Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook 4th edition, should get you started. Start low and work up. I have recently purchased an RCBS 32-170-fn for my 1947 Marlin in 32 Win special. I have had good results with the ideal 321427 and Lee 324-175-1r using 2400 powder. Hope this helps and would like to hear your results.

Boolit Buddy
    Well, I finally had a chance to get out with this rifle and some of the 321265 bullets I cast with wheel weights. I used a Lee 323 sizer, liquid Alox, and 8 grains of Unique. Shot this group at 40 yards sitting. Absolutely no fouling, and very little recoil. Attachment 218262