Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
WidenersLoad DataSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: The offer of salvation

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

The offer of salvation

Most here know and understand GOD's offer of salvation . Most have accepted that offer . Some when very young and others at different times of their lives . I would like to ask at least three questions about that offer to edify myself and possibly others . In the process of answering I believe it would also be bearing witness . Nothing I would ask is hard .
    No turning back , No turning back !

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    What is GOD's offer of salvation ?
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Grand Master

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, and you house." Probably ought to take the quotes off - that's from my very fallible memory. Paul to the jailer.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Believe, feed my sheep for faith must have good works. And instead of death when this life is done we win eternal life with the Lord.

All that is of this world will fade away, but we can be saved.

Romans 6 23
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Romans 10:9-10 Contemporary English Version (CEV)

9 So you will be saved, if you honestly say, “Jesus is Lord,” and if you believe with all your heart that God raised him from death. 10 God will accept you and save you, if you truly believe this and tell it to others.

Saved = Being adopted into God's family. I sinned, and separated myself from God, God saw the rift and sent His only begotten Son to pay the price for my sins. Having accepted his offer, and my debt being paid, I was adopted into God's family. So, being adopted, I get to go live with Him when the earthly stay is over
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

Acts 5:13 says it all
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

I think the simplicity of the Fathers offer is summed up here;

(John 3:15-17) "That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. {16} ¶ For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. {17} For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

There is nothing more required, and nothing less will suffice.

Gary

Boolit Master

I'll just add that true faith is not merely mental assent. True faith results in changed behavior and perspective. There are many who believe in God and that Jesus is his son but do not have saving faith. They are not true Christians despite what they believe.

But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder! Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? James 2:18-20.

Moderator Emeritus

God's offer of salvation is very simple: Either we accept Him and act accordingly, or we reject him, and act as we please. As you've so often noted, it's purely a personal choice that each of us makes, whether we want to or not. It is the one thing that identifies us as His sheep, or one of satan's goats. Just because God is so immense, does NOT mean He can't be very simple, particularly when dealing with us, and our willful and limited minds and tendencies. That's really all there is to it, IMO.