Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving the shoulder forward

Boolit Master

That is a standard practice in the 303 Brits. It keeps the case centered in the large military chamber so it expands concentric. The secret is the to neck size only the best way with the Lee collet sizing die. [Lee is the best for some things , for the Lee haters]

Using the collet die keeps the shoulder to where it had expanded on the first shot. The O ring kept the brass round the size of the chamber.

I get 10 to 15 shots from a case this way.

I have a 1900 Remington rolling block rifle in 7x57 in transit now. I have reworked 20 rounds of brass by expanding the necks with a 8mm expander and then sized the neck down with a 7mm die to leave a ring on the neck. The question is should a cast bullet be seated and fired to form the case or just powder and some filler? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blackknight View Post
    I have a 1900 Remington rolling block rifle in 7x57 in transit now. I have reworked 20 rounds of brass by expanding the necks with a 8mm expander and then sized the neck down with a 7mm die to leave a ring on the neck. The question is should a cast bullet be seated and fired to form the case or just powder and some filler? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    15.0 gr. Red Dot with a COW and tissue filler should easily blow the shoulder out.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12