Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm tired, a rant.

Boolit Master

My knees are turning into train wreaks too. I go the VA and they pump the knees with a gel of some sort. I asked them about cortisone and they told me that cortisone will eventually eat the joint away. This gel will not. Ask your doc about it.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Will do, thanks for the info!

Moderator Emeritus

Synvisc is what they call it, I get it in the right knee every couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by xs11jack View Post
    My knees are turning into train wreaks too. I go the VA and they pump the knees with a gel of some sort. I asked them about cortisone and they told me that cortisone will eventually eat the joint away. This gel will not. Ask your doc about it.
    Ole Jack

Yesterday was better, so far today the knee is really good, swelling is down, it's loosened up and doesn't hurt nearly as bad! I'm still using my cane as I don't yet trust it, but hopefully I can get the other one done next week and look into better long term options.
    Thanks again all!

Boolit Master

I would like to have a couple of grease fitting tapped into my knees, and then I could pump some Mobil 1 Synthetic grease into them every morning!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Molly lube grease, the good high pressure stuff!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sawinredneck View Post
    Yes, just a shot glass each night. A buddy told me they now have pills that are easier to swallow, don't try to drink the shot all at once!
    Put your vinegar (2 Tbs.) in a glass of apple juice. Makes it much easier going down and the apple juice is good for you too. I use Heinz apple cider vinegar. It doesn't matter what brand as long as it says "with the mother" on the label. It is, as Bulldogger said, the bacteria that is good for your gut.
    USMC 6638

Moderator Emeritus

I use that apple cider vinegar on my salad almost every night. This time of year that salad is picked 5 minutes before I eat it!

Used the framing nailer to nail the ceiling joists in my utdoor kitchen/brew shed I am working on. Wow shoulders are NOT happy today! Forgot how heavy that cheap generic nailer is to work with above shoulder height.

Sucks getting old with cheap tools!
    Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Moderator Emeritus

Older I get the better the tools I buy. But I rarely use the framing nailer now so I am not replacing it. 98% of the framing work on my old house is done, only things let are sister in new kitchen and bathroom floor joists to replace the dry rotted ones. Using treated lumber for that so they last. My "basement" is a dirt hole under the house with field stone foundation. I access it from outside via a hatch type door in the back add on entry.

Boolit Master

I feel almost invigorated again after reading how badly you guys are hurting. No words to say that will ease your pains. Thinking good thoughts for you though just the same. Genuflecting to one knee to give thanks that I still can!
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Buddy
    Brother i have been on way more drugs than that and still hurt since 2008 due to a training accident. Im at a good point without too many drugs now. I discovered a drug called suboxone only thing is they make you jump through hoops to get it and doc charges 500$ a month,but now my guns point down range not at my mouth. Il keep you in my prayers dont loose hope.

I got two weeks out of the shot, woke up early today with it screaming at me again. It didn't like the extremities of motion, fully bent or fully extended. I spent an hour in bed trying to stretch it out and finally getting it to pop and crack. It's losened up a little through the day, but I had things I had to get done, get my wife's glasses and contacts, take care of some of my sons needs while he was busy then mow and weed eat the yard. I'm sure tomorrow I'll pay for it.
    I'll try to get back in to see the Dr, but I've got a hunch there isn't going to be much he can or will do for me from this point.

Broke down and had the conversation with my wife, not something I'd ever, in my wildest dreams, be able to sit down and civilly discuss, much less have someone really grasp. I'm fighting, she knows and understands that. But she also gets the limitations of the flesh.
    I promise, I'm fighting hard, but everyone has their limits.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Perma-Banned

Prayer sent for you...hope you get some relief.

sawinredneck

I was a logger, millwright and equipment operator in the woods, we get beat up something fierce, but youth overcomes. One day, youth has fled and the aches and pains start to manifest. Point being, at 50 I had a lot of joint pain, knees and shoulders mostly. I was introduced to Cherry extract, in tablet or capsule form depending upon the brand, and it worked for me. It is amazing, and while it has pain relieving properties it also helps regenerate healthy bearing tissue in the joints. If it's going to work for you you'll know by the end of the first bottle.

I suggest that you go to a health food store and buy a bottle and try it for a month. Mine are Source Natural Cherry Fruit Extract 500MG tablets 180 count and run about $30 a bottle. Not being a doctor standard disclaimer.......I would start out at 4 to 6 a day evenly spaced to maintain an even blood concentration and give them a months trial, you should be able to note a difference in pain levels within hours, and because it hurts less mobility increases as well. I don't know your financial status, and don't want to know, but suffice it to say $30 is not much in the face of constant pain.

I have been able to completely stop taking them and my joints seldom ever give me any trouble. This was after a six years of use, but towards the end of that period I was tapered off to one tablet a day and finally at 67 I don't need them except for an occasional flare up of gout.

If you do try it, and it works for you as it did for me, share the idea with somebody else, and give the hat tip to God.

claude
    Last edited by claude; 07-22-2017 at 05:32 AM.

Boolit Master
    Try cannabis indica. It will relax you and relieve your pain.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by sawinredneck View Post
    Sorry, bad day, I'm just venting.
    Broke my back about eight years ago, don't try ''tis at home! Degenerative disc at L-4/L-5 and a 20% compression fracture on the top of T-12. Just shattered bones and mush. I was told time and time again "it's all in your head!" But never got an explanation until I found a GREAT P/T Dr and she explained it, our brains reset the pain threshold much lower after a traumatic injury and we have to prove to our brain we aren't hurting things, just moving around. It's simple and complicated all at one, but why no one took the time in seven pluse years, I'll never get!
    So my knees have been killing me, really bad at night as I have to sleep on my side. Today was the breaking point, my son had to be my crutch, my cane and just in case all day, God bless him for that!
    My left knee is about twice it's normal size, my right 1 1/4 it's size.
    Dr said he heard "grinding", oh yay! Off to x-ray, don't lay, roll around or be anywhere near a cold hard x-ray table when you're back is already unhappy!
    So now that my back is pissed, we go back to the room where he drains the big knee, then injects it with cortisone right after, all while I'm fighting muscle spasms from the x-rays!
    It's been 12hrs, I'd rather not say everything I've taken, but the jist is 50mg of Fentynal, Narcos and cyclobenzeprene. It still hurts, both, and I can still barely walk, one of the fears I see looming in on me.
    Thanks for reading and letting me vent, I don't expect or want, sympathy, I just needed to vent and many of you can relate, pain wears on you, chronic pain grinds you to dust!
    No fear, get a knee replacement. It's a pretty routine thing now. My FIL just got one at the VA and he is in his 70's. Said he wished he had done it years ago.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    No fear, get a knee replacement. It's a pretty routine thing now. My FIL just got one at the VA and he is in his 70's. Said he wished he had done it years ago.
    Thats what I was thinking. I know several people that have had this done. I'm sorry to hear about all of you guys having health problems. Having your mobility impaired is bad enough. Adding chronic pain to things is even worse.

Moderator Emeritus

Torn ACL in both knees, doc said walk on it until you can't stand the pain...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast