MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Visiting Kharkov, Ukraine

Boolit Master
    Hi flyer1.Nice pictures.Is that a T37.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Buddy
    Be careful of what you photograph in certain places there they have no sense of humor. During the summer there are amazing females in various states of dress out and about.

Boolit Master

Mike the pictures are cool. You have a great looking family. Thanks for taking the effort and time posting.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Moderator Emeritus

If you can, I'd like to see the churches there, both the plain and the older, more grandly styled ones. I have a friend who recently converted to Russian Orthodox, and is quite happy with it. One thing's for sure - THOSE Christians have been challenged supremely for a long time over there! But Putin, as I understand it, is condoning the re-emergence of the church in Russia. I've never been much of a traveller. More of a home body, unless necessity made me travel. But what I've done of it has been very fascinating, and no matter where you find them, people are just people. Languages and prior learning and customs may separate us, but people are, and likely always will be, just people, no matter where you find them. Thanks for the pics, and your kind offer.

Boolit Buddy

I think the tank is a T34 from WW2, but I dont know my tanks.
    Thanks for the warning about taking pictures. So far no problems other than some strange looks. I wanted to take pictures of the inside of the metro but was told I would end up in jail. Some are 300 feet deep,very beautiful stations. They double as a fall out shelter. Im told there are supplies for the people in them.
    I will try to take some pictures of the churches. One I have labelled as Ukrainian Orthodox is actually Russian Orthodox. It is not the safest place as the Russian Orthodox church is providing support for the Russian troops fighting in Ukraine.
    The women here are beautiful and dress very nice wearing makeup. This time I see less of that than before and I see many heavier women than before. My wife is upset women are smoking out in public. She says if they must smoke, it should be in private but it is ok for the men to smoke in public. Feminism has not quite reached my wife. The women in 4 and 6 inch heals are advertizing for a husband. Seems many women are dressing more comfortably. My mother in law says they look homeless. They still dress better than most women in the states.

Most people want to be left to raise their family, work and have enough left to enjoy some fun. Seems that it is the governments that cause the biggest problems not the common folks.

Mike

Boolit Buddy

The family and I are having a good time. We have taken some pictures but they are on my phone and I can not upload them. BW I have a couple of church pfutures for you. I will upload when I setback. We have found a couple of cookbooks. My wife will decide which we will buy. I will mail the cookbook when I return. Please, pm me your address. The book is in Ukrainian.

Boolit Buddy

Hi Folks,
    Still in Ukraine for a couple of more days. I will post more pics when I get back. Took the train to Kiev today. Arrived early enough to see some sights downtown. We found out from our driver that an explosion occured yesterday downtown where we were planning to tour that killed a Ukrainian general. That area is now off limits. We may just rest today. Travel here is not quite as simple as in the US. It is the little things that you notice ie. if there is an elevator in the terminal, it is the size of a phone booth. No room for you and bags. No ramps to pull your bags up the steps you must carry them up and down the steps. And you are constantly travelling steps. There is no thing as personel space any where. The people are much better about lining up but it is still difficult for this American to cope. As my wife says, it is very easy to get comfortable with the many good things in America. Things we just take for granted. The other day my wife was stopped because she stuck out as a foreigner in her own country. The coversation went something like this: Papers please. Her, something wrong? Your not from here, papers! Her, I grew up here, went to university here, why are you bothering me. Him, there was a bombing near here yesterday and we are checking all foreigners. Her, I am speaking to you in Ukrainian what more do you want? Him, you don' t live here any more! Where do you live. Her, America, Texas. Him, You married a cowboy ? Ok. Be on your way. She left. She did not have here papers with her at that moment(not good). She came to me and said I am truely an American now! She was very happy.

Something i noticed. I have not seen the Harrychristnas in the USA in many years. Well, I found them. They are roaming the metro entrances wanting money and recruiting. Same pain in the butt as they were in the US. Same clothes (unwashed) as in the US. I thought that cult was over and done with.

Mike

Boolit Master

Happy for your now Americanized wife. She apparently understands the world very well.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for sharing. Be safe.