Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Almost done with Drill Instructor School!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Lord willing I don't die of heat exhaustion, break a bone, or some other anomaly occur; I will be graduating the Marine Corps Drill Instructor School as a freshly minted Drill Instructor on June 21st.

It has been a hard and annoying school, with a hard duty in store for me. At 32 years old I'm not a spring chicken anymore, lol!

Wish me luck for this final week of Recruit observations and I'll be checking in at the end of the week!!

It's about time you were getting a steady job!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Awesome! Thank you for your service to our country.

Silver lining to all the blood & sweat equity you have invested, you now get to scream at people for being a disgusting fat body. LOL!!!!
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Master
    Congrats Love Life, proud a ya. 50 years ago yesterday I left on the bus for the Army, it would be the greatest adventure of my life. The Drill Sargent's were tough but I would later realize why. Their job was to try to keep us and our fellow soldiers alive during the raging war. AIT was even harder than basic.

Boolit Master
    Just one more thing. At 32 your in the prime of your life coupled with mature thinking.

Boolit Grand Master

Thank you for your service. Glad there are still good men to train our soldiers.....HA! Gotcha 😉 Train our Marines
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    Congratulations Marine. I walked the yellow footprints at Parris Island on Dec 26th, 1989 and came into my Marine Corps life as a graduate of Plt 1029, Alpha Co, 1st RTR.

Another coincidence in this thread.....Bruce, was in DI School while you were a recruit and my "observation" was with Alpha Co. Not sure if you remember a bunch of strange Marines hanging around the platoon and wandering around your squad bay's, (after the rifle range, probably in the middle of 3rd phase) but if you do, one was me.
    Semper Fi Major!

Boolit Master
    The Marine Corps is a small world.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    It's about time you were getting a steady job!
    Yeah, working on the Bernie Sanders presidential staff didn't pan out for me, lol.

Congrats! Just curious, how long have you been in, what was your rank entering DI school, and what will it be when you graduate?

Tough school.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by avogunner View Post
    Another coincidence in this thread.....Bruce, was in DI School while you were a recruit and my "observation" was with Alpha Co. Not sure if you remember a bunch of strange Marines hanging around the platoon and wandering around your squad bay's, (after the rifle range, probably in the middle of 3rd phase) but if you do, one was me.
    Semper Fi Major!
    Stand By Marine!

I'll be heading back home from the work office soon and I'll pull my Recruit Book down from the shelf in my home office. That ugly mug in your avatar isn't you but I'll drop the list of plug uglies I had to shape me. We picked up a ****load of new Black Belts in the 3rd phase and ended up with 4 DS and The SDI when we walked the Grinder that last time.
    Last edited by bruce drake; 06-15-2017 at 07:07 PM.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master

Yeah, working on the Bernie Sanders presidential staff didn't pan out for me, lol.
    All Jokes Aside.

You are going to a RTR that has had a major issue with hazing and a bad command climate which may have directly lead to a Recruit's death.

You are being assigned there most likely because the school has seen a level of professionalism in your training that will help right the ship out on the woodline of the 3rd Herd.

I'm confident that you and the team of Drill Sergeants you will be working with will be able to right and correct the training in the 3rd RTR and return the "Glory" back to the RTR for providing quality Marines to the Fleet.

THAT SAID!!!!! 3rd Herd develops muscles in the Brain Pans! 1st RTR develops the Marines to use their Brain Pans and 2nd RTR are just Lost Ones out by 4th RTR which says it all right there...

There, I believe that just righted the balance in the world at Parris Island....

Boolit Master

Thank You for your service! Please train our young ones to be men and reject the ones who cannot. That will save all their lives IMHO. Be true to the nation and not the politik. Again thanks for your commitment Old Man. Said lovingly.

Boolit Grand Master

I heard there were a lot of Bernie fans in The Corp
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0424.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	197652
    The Team...We picked up Light and Caprara in the 3rd phase with a reshuffle.

Name:	IMG_0426.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	197653
    Yep, my much-younger self 3 days after getting all 4 wisdom teeth pulled...

Name:	IMG_0427.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	197654
    Lt Brewer was actually from my po-dunk hometown in Maine. He was about 6 years older than me and I still remember the ****** stealing blackberries and apples out of the orchards and fields on the farm and my Dad (retired USMC SgtMaj 1952-82) sending the dogs after him...I think my Dad caught him one time trying to shine my older sister...I also think he put the fear of God and The Old Corps into him as he straightened up and finished college and joined the Corps after that.

Name:	IMG_0428.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	197656
    Drill Instructor Sgt Udart...He started with our platoon but I believe there was an issue with him and a dumb frigging recruit in the latrine out at the rifle range (Pvt Kaintz - we called him "Kantz" because no matter what we did he couldn't grasp the idea of moving fast. He became a cook I believe) "Kantz" came out of the latrine with a nasty cut over his right eye where he "slipped" on the floor. He (Udart) finished over in Plt 1028.

Name:	IMG_0429.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	197657
    SDI Wilson and Me during our Blues Inspection. I think he was smiling...he had just told the battalion CO that I had cost him a bet during the 2nd phase Rifles. I was the platoon high shooter right up to pre-qual than boloed on qual and 1st requal days due to bad weather and dumb *** rookie windage calls and ended up shooting the next week on the BOLO Relay (the Drop relay - Qual or get dropped) with 2nd RTR and qualifying with a 243/250....YES, that's a damn Rifle Marksman's Badge on my chest...The Square Toilet Bowl...I wore it through MCT/SOI and it almost cost me my Security Forces Assignment until I got a Qual chance out at Lejuene courtesy of the SOI BN SgtMaj being one of my father's Vietnam marines.
    I tried not to really stand out in the platoon. That bolo sucked. I took my Dad's advice to try to stay off the skyline. I tried to help the idiots. I got paired up with Pvt Marcos Duvallon from Miami several times due to the alphabet/rack arrangements. He had frigging issues getting dress in time for a long time...DS Hernandez loved him...And hearing "Drakes - get on the Quarter-Deck with your Buddy Duvallons" was almost nightly...I got to be a very-very strong 120lb Feather Merchant...
    At least I never, thank God, I never had to rack by Pvt Joseph Rinchack. He was so afraid of the DSs that he pissed himself 3 times because he couldn't ask to go to the latrine without stuttering over himself...He went Aviation Supply...
    Last edited by bruce drake; 06-15-2017 at 07:06 PM.

Banned

Name:	election-poll-1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	197655

Clearly the Marines are cut from the best cloth

Hear, Hear!
    Well said, jmort
    "Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him, he ain't wrong he's just different and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right"
    Ed Bruce

My son is a Marine, graduated 2003, MCRD San Diego.
    When I saw those Marines at his Boot graduation all hit the grinder and their left feet all hit the deck at the same time, it gave me a chill that I will never forget.
    And at the heart of that training were his DI's. He told me about them, at first he hated their very guts and by graduation he thought they were the epitome of manhood. And you know because I know my son, I agreed.
    You have a very important and useful job, Love Life, and I could not admire a man more. Good luck to you, sir.
    "Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him, he ain't wrong he's just different and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right"
    Ed Bruce

Boolit Master
    Day 3 is done and I'm so grateful to have my boots off.

Boolit Master

Day 3 is done and I'm so grateful to have my boots off.
    LOL! get new insoles and swap them out regularly! You only get one set of good knees. the replacements can't handle the same amount of stress.

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post

Name:	election-poll-1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	197655

Clearly the Marines are cut from the best cloth
    Wow 1 out of 4 Officers in the military admitted wanting Hillary Clinton for President
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast