• 45-55

69 16.47%
  • 55- 65

130 31.03%
  • 65 or older

131 31.26%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Am I a youngster?

60 yrs. old next month. Thankful to God for feeling young, except trying to get out of bed in the morning and feeling my back and right knee creaking on me. I could use some ballistol to lube it . Still love to cast and shoot when I can.

Boolit Buddy
    I'll be 57 in a few months and have been reloading since I was 16. Started casting at 21. I have 3 sons and none have any interest in casting or reloading and only one hunts. All 3 grew up hunting so I hope they get back into it some day.

Boolit Bub
    73 here and knocking on the door of 74. Cast my first boolits in 1964 when I was 21. Yea! it's been a day or two, and still enjoy casting.

Roy

Boolit Master

I am 70 and have been reloading since 1962 and casting for over 20 years. Having said that, I have a friend just pushing 40 that knows more about both than I will ever learn. He also has a lathe, drill press, and a Lincoln arc welder. I am still an unlicensed dremmel operator, but have some large hammers.

Boolit Master
    Turned 25 last month. I'm an avid reloader, caster, and shooter. I'm also a woodworker.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm 28 as well what part of Georgia do you reside in?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I turned 60 August 30. I started reloading in 1985 for a 44 mag and then a 45 ACP. They just started multiplying after those. I started casting in 2009 and still haven't got it figured out, but I sure enjoy it. I'm hoping to get a Missouri Whitetail this year with a little 45/70 that I picked up last year. I'll be using my cast bullets and reloads.

I'm hoping my Grand kids take it up

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    I am 70 and have been reloading since 1962 and casting for over 20 years. Having said that, I have a friend just pushing 40 that knows more about both than I will ever learn. He also has a lathe, drill press, and a Lincoln arc welder. I am still an unlicensed dremmel operator, but have some large hammers.
    As we used to say in the Navy, "When in doubt, get a bigger hammer"...

Boolit Master

Now in the Navy we call it percussive maintenance. The smarter the component the harder you hit it.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

49 here. Just started casting but have been reloading for years.

Always wanted to cast but life got in the way. I finally got my kids raised so I thought it was about time to cast my own. Really enjoying it and I'm trying to learn all I can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by sutherpride59 View Post
    So I've been a member of this forum and casting for the last 2 years and one thing I keep noticing is that I'm probably one of the youngest people on this forum at the ripe old age of 28. How old is everyone on here? Is boolit casting really an old mans game? Who doesn't like cheap boolits!

I know I'm an old soul at heart because the wife tells me everyday I act like a grandpa.
    You are only as old as you feel. I'm 29 and holdin', holding anything I can! Enjoy life cast and shoot as much as you can.
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master

I'm surprised this thread is still going, people have shared a lot of really neat stories to boot.

Boolit Grand Master
    Sixty eight and still scrounging lead and making bullets. Maybe you should have added more categories like, 65-75. 75-85. etc!

Froggie
    Enjoying my golden years with lead
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Well I suppose I may as well jump in. I will be 83 in four days. I started casting at the ripe old age of 25, first for round ball when a neighbor took me shooting using muzzle loaders. This neighbor also introduced me to casting. I remember the day he heated up one of his casting pots and I dropped a cold dipper in the pot without asking. I thought he would have a stroke. I learned something that day. I was hooked on muzzle loaders for many years. My first casting for a cartridge was for the 44-40. I became fascinated with Winchester '92s. It is hard to believe at one time I owned six of them. Today I cast for too many rifles to list but they range from 22 to 45 caliber. I must confess that I cast and reload to feed my love for shooting. If I were to win the lotto I would sell or give away all my reloading gear and concentrate on pulling the trigger which I still love to do and if you can hear a steel gong when you hit or you knock over a steel silhoutte that is pure joy.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOPHER SLAYER. God Bless you. Three more years and hope to retire at 62.
    I plan on casting, reloading and shooting a lot more. I envy the retired fellers at the range that meet early in the morning,drink coffee and shoot ALL DAY or untill the range gets full of gun blasters. ( the ones that dump a mag full in 4 seconds and spray) And no regard for hitting folks with there brass that are bench shooting.
    I've had the pleasure of turning 3 of my co-workers into reloaders. Since the WW's dried up their not to into casting at this time, but they sure do love when I bring them sum of my cast boolits.

Mike

Boolit Master
    Thank you Mike. From the beginning I never had to worry about lead since I worked for the phone company and there was always tons of lead in the scrap cable bin. I have been retired for over 23 years and I still have more lead than I will ever use. By the way Mike, you live in beautiful part of Tennessee or the USA for that matter. The problem I have is a place to shoot. The ding bats that run this state keep closing rifle ranges. The range I use now is over fifty miles from my house. There are indoor pistol ranges but they want at least 15 bucks an hour to shoot. It takes me almost half that just to get set up to shoot and I am too old to move. I should have done that when I retired.
    Last edited by GOPHER SLAYER; 10-01-2017 at 01:42 PM.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Grand Master

Started casing when I was 17-18 and that was over 50 years ago. Got my grandkids started now.

Boolit Buddy
    Another younger caster here...32 years young. Started reloading 5 years ago and casting 3 years ago.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678