RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i have a stroke, heart attack,.......

I'm 41 Iv had 7 back surgery and lost the top part of my head was brought back to life have spinal biffadita and going for wrist surgery in constant pain . but I still hunt fish cast load and shoot and gearhead I know what I can and can't do
    Last edited by 44deerslayer; 06-13-2017 at 01:56 AM.

I've had my share of life's little b!tch slaps, but they seem pretty trivial now. At 61 I believe I don't really have anything worthy of complaining about, after reading this.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rondog View Post
    I've had my share of life's little b!tch slaps, but they seem pretty trivial now. At 61 I believe I don't really have anything worthy of complaining about, after reading this.....
    And right there is the true worth of threads like these. It is very easy to get caught up in our own troubles. Our pain can blind us to suffering around us.

I was devastated when my wife became ill. But several visits to the infusion center for her chemo exposed me to people that are dealing with tremendous pain and loss.

Some of the stories I heard would make the toughest among us cry. It certainly changed my perspective and made me realize how petty and selfish I have been at times.

Steve in N CA

Boolit Grand Master

At 75, I haven't had surgery except for tonsils and teeth. A couple bouts with flu and diabetes are it. To say this in front of the suffering others have listed, makes me appreciate my good health, and feel deeply for others.
    As life with a worn body is slowly winding down I accept that the end is past due.
    God has blessed me.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Banned
    we may have cancer, heart attacks, diabetes, back problems, disabled, etc..... but dang it, we still try to do the thing/person that we love.

i used to luv my job. i would crawl into the ditch, be an operator/truck driver, pipelayer...i luved to do anything, except asphalt, from "pouring" it, shoveling it, luting it and rolling it, i hated it. my God, if i hated something/someone, asphalt would be it. anyway, when i had my stroke for the first year, i thought i'd be able to go to work. i would exercise the bleep out me. it helped but i was no condition to work. after a year i figured out what everybody else knew, i was disabled. i should have known better, the doctor told me that i was disabled and by exercise(body and mind) the first year, it would tell me how much i was disabled. i found how much i was disabled, 40% leg, 10% arm and 20% speech(% being good).

i still love to hunt. so i got a polaris utv. this will take me where i want to go. rifles and revolvers? i got them. reloading equipment, yep i've got them too. guys that want to reload but don't know how? i've got them too. my two sons who reload, are the best ever!!! i even got a friend's boy starting to reload and i gave him his first rifle. he's gotten a few deer from cast boolits. i'm sure he know about factory ammo, but he is a convert to cast boolits. i am happier now than i could've been.

we just have to find what we love. then we have to do it. be it cars, house projects, fishing(which i used to do, trout and smallmouth bass on the creek/river) and asphalt.

Perma-Banned
    Once past 40, stress test every 2 years. Every year if you have family history.

Boolit Master
    Not much wrong with me other than bi-lateral carpal tunnel surgery and a triple by pass in 2008.And arthers itius.Wishing the OP`s the very best and God bless you and yours.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck