Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having a second single stage press

Boolit Master
    I use my single stages to deprime with a universal die, size boolits, prime with the auto prime 2, or load rifle cartridges. Almost everything else gets the turret press.

Boolit Master

Mauser48,

This is in the category of "If you build it they will come." The second press doesn't need to be for anything specific. Its usefulness will change with what you're doing. I have all of my single stage tools- presses, swager, powder measures, trimmers, etc. on plates that all have a matching bolt pattern and corresponding threaded inserts in the top of my bench. I've had up to 3 single stage presses mounted at one time. Other times there's a different type tool at each position. Enjoy your good fortune!
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    Mauser48,

This is in the category of "If you build it they will come." The second press doesn't need to be for anything specific. Its usefulness will change with what you're doing. I have all of my single stage tools- presses, swager, powder measures, trimmers, etc. on plates that all have a matching bolt pattern and corresponding threaded inserts in the top of my bench. I've had up to 3 single stage presses mounted at one time. Other times there's a different type tool at each position. Enjoy your good fortune!
    ^^THIS^^

One cannot have too many reloading presses on the bench.

Boolit Buddy
    I have two mounted rock chuckers, one I set up with the LNL quick change conversion kit, once I have the die set adjusted it's just a matter of popping the die in and start pulling the lever.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Ain't it great not being limited to just ONE? While I don't de-cap with either my Spartan or the Pacific 007 , they each get called on to work from time to time .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master

I keep a collet-style bullet puller in my lone single-stage. It always seems to be needed--like this morning, when I pulled 50-bullets to even-out the charges. <sigh>
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master
    Use a wamadet press for most stuff ,use Lee reloader c press for sizing lead and for fcd for my 223 and 308.fancy a turret but I'm a bit set in my ways and have always used a single stage press.

Most of the time, I am set up to loading multiple calibers, so 500 S&W on the one single stage and 45-70 one the other. Don't have one dedicated for priming or depriming, they are being used for whatever is needed.
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Master

Have 3, my original Rockchucker bought about 1973, a Texan c press inherited from my brother, and a green Reloader Special made in 1980 acquired at a yard sale. Would like to have at least one more to modify to a short stroke. I made a ram extension to use on the Texan but converting to a short stroke would suit my needs better and I do not want to do it to the Texan.

Boolit Master
    I use my Rockchucker to FL resize rifle cases, and occasionally for large pistol cases. I use the old Spartan for everything else; it's lack of leverage gives better feel when seating bullets. I prime with hand tools.

USMC 77, USRA 79

I use a lee progressive for most things cuz the die disk's are fast and easy to change out, and use one for most calibers I load for... but right next to it sits a rockchucker... and it is loaded up with...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3751.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	199134

The RCBS cowboy 12g brass shell loader. The die is larger then standard dies, and I just love the control it gives you when working with vintage brass 12g BP loading... I load with it using the old style 11g wads from Alcan and such, and it is just plain fun.. I highly recommend it if you can find vintage or mag tech 12g brass shells.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    I have an older Lyman turret dedicated to 45 ACP with a Lee universal depriming die filling an extra hole. A RCBC RC for reloading rifle ammo and the small Lee C press for priming with an auto Prime II. In case of dire emergency still have my original Lyman Spartan in a box ready to bolt down. My weakness is lubrisizers, have dedicated ones for 45ACP, 243 and 30 and one floater for 357, 40 S&W and 45 Colt. Naturally, to feed all that, I have a Lee 20 pounder and two Lyman 10 pounders as backup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12