RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meet Paulie my black lab puppy

Boolit Master
    Lanty Hanlon, our Irish terrier, was in a state of ecstasy when he met a puppy just like Paulie yesterday, on his first day out after his injections took effect. It is a slightly tricky time with black labs, since last week Lanty was attacked, on the lead and a yard inside the park gate, by an idiot woman's large one, double his weight. She was very good with us, offering her address in case of unseen injuries. But he was a recent rescue dog she didn't know how to rescue. She used a rope choker, which is fine, but as a result the dog had no collar I could have grabbed, and he heard never a hard word from her.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00410.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	197411

Not that it bothered Lanty, who was recognised as the laid-back one of the litter, seldom the boldest but always the last to quit, when he got out tippex mark on his stomach as a three-week-old brown slug. He just wriggled free and explained in earsplitting fashion that he wasn't going to retreat, and wasn't going to bite unless he had to. He is the only dog we've owned who can inflict pain if he accidentally commits a negligent discharge close to the eardrum He prefers persuading everything from great danes to chihuahuas the size of his head to play with him. I've seen him do it with pit bulls that had a reputation locally. But I'm afraid he thought that lab made his day.

The trouble is that although unchanged with everybody else, he has chased and growled at a couple of totally inoffensive black labradors since. It was nothing like the incident, being just the way he plays with noisy dogs. But those weren't. He should come right after meeting one or two more socially.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lanty 25th November 2016.jpg  
    Last edited by Ballistics in Scotland; 06-12-2017 at 11:02 AM.

Boolit Master
    World would be a sad place without dogs.good looking pup.

My Co-pilot...

Attachment 197442

He doesn't miss a thing...
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Attachment 197442

He doesn't miss a thing...
    They'll never believe you about needing to reach the pedals.

Boolit Master

My friend Curly the Yorkie, guarding my Strat. He would'nt stay still long enough for a pic!Attachment 197459
    Last edited by Hickok; 06-13-2017 at 01:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Our Newfoundland puppy Puddles.

Name:	18740196_10212230541294886_2052243286970377522_n.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	197482

And doing what Newfoundlands do, especially when named Puddles.

Name:	18739902_10212260784970959_92077104591978996_n.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	197481

4 months old tomorrow, and almost 50lbs already.

Banned

got to love a lab pup. Heck any pup! Weve got a chocolate that's about 7 months now. Hes a handful compared to the last lab we had. Your little girl is a cuttie!

Perma-Banned
    Hide your hunting boots !

Boolit Master
    Today Duke thinks he is a lap dog

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

we have a saint bernard that watches the house and a border collie/redhealer that is about 6 months old , muttley is his name, that helps with the cows. we have a few rattle snakes at the north pasture were he loves to chase rabbits so we took him to a snake avoidance class last week, they use devenomed snakes to teach the dogs to keep away, hope it works because at his size and the time it would take to get to the vet, one bite would be fatal

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    My friend Curly the Yorkie, guarding my Strat. He would'nt stay still long enough for a pic!Attachment 197459
    "Me, small? Why wasn't I told?"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Our Newfoundland puppy Puddles.
    [

And doing what Newfoundlands do, especially when named Puddles

4 months old tomorrow, and almost 50lbs already.
    A friend had a Newfoundland named Hussar after his army regiment. But at a conservatively estimated 160lb., which looked more because of the hair, he was more like a heavy dragoon. My mother had a collie-whippet cross weighing 38lb., the same as young Lanty, who despite the cruise missile blood learned to do all the collie things. She was able to knock Hussar off one pair of legs at a time, if she lured him into an unwisely tight high-speed turn first. But he worked out the counter faster than she worked out how to do it. She used to nip strange male Rottweilers affectionately on the neck, and they loved her for it. I'm glad she never tried it with a female, though. No wonder they're called bitches.

Name:	Fleck reduced.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	197538

Lanty thinks swimming is unnatural and not turning off the rain for him is disobliging, although he never admitted minding cold, even when he was tiny. I've seen kids lure him into the sea a third of the way up his fuselage, but that was the height of summer. Heaven knows how he defies the laws of physics, but he can levitate onto your lap, as lightly as a cat. He does it to watch TV.

This is my old collie, bought for £1.50 in a Glasgow petshop in 1968, when our old golden labrador died, and the cairn terrier needed company in a hurry. She was a confirmed pacifist who, to the cairn's horror wouldn't kill rabbits just for not wanting to play. That would be violence. People thought she was telepathically controlled, but she used to hesitate deliberately for a whole second when I gave her hand signals, fifty yards off, which a mere human could have seen. For that was like calling her an animal. A shepherd once told me "She's no' just the ordinary look, mind, but I could name a dozen working dogs less able. Laddie, it's pure sin for a collie like that tae be raised an amateur."

Name:	Derry more reduced.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	197539
    Last edited by Ballistics in Scotland; 06-14-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Boolit Master
    I just took Lanty for a walk and met my neighbour with his three shi tzus. They chase and harass Lanty shamefully, sometimes barking at him on three sides from a foot away. But non-retaliation lessons are useful for him. One of them is so small even by shi tzu standards, and so lightly built, that he was told she should never be allowed to breed. But she is fast.

Last night in the old overgrown cemetery, he told me, she caught a rabbit by the leg. Maybe being rabbit size and colour was a help. The rabbit, maybe in response to some ancient instinct, froze, and she just licked his ears and nose, seeing off her more conventionally minded mother and brother with growls like a tiny circular saw, until he had recovered enough to hop off.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by XDROB View Post
    Meet Logan. Purebred Belgian Malinois
    He will be a news member of our house hold next week.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    LOGAN is at his new home. Gonna let him sit with me until he gets too big.🤣

Boolit Master
    My dog licks windows...

Name:	Elsa.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	197800

Name:	elsa2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	197801

<<<^^^ I think my Bubby would like your dog to come visit...we are trying to adopt him a little brother or sister Boxer right now.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Boxers are my favorite. Great with kids and super fun. Elsa is a well built boxer girl at a solid 69 lbs of muscle and energy. I am very picky about the boxers I get. I don't like the skinny small ones. I like the heavy built ones.

Banned

My last lab elmer was a 120lbs and still thought my lap was the place to be
    Quote Originally Posted by XDROB View Post
    LOGAN is at his new home. Gonna let him sit with me until he gets too big.��

Boolit Master
    You may have better strains of boxer in the US than in the UK. Here they have a startling range of hereditary illnesses, including a high rate of epilepsy, over 20% of puppies dying, and twice as many adults dying from cancer as from old age.

Nine years ago there was a BBC documentary attacking what has happened when the wrong people got hold of certain breeds. Some of it was quite heartrending. They all had breed standards which specified a healthy and active look, but they judged dogs winners that didn't have it. The first reaction was to turn on members who had ratted them out to the BBC, the second to promise reforms. A good deal has been done, but the jury is still out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedigree_Dogs_Exposed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast