Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: This weekend's shoot

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.

This weekend's shoot

Denny Ducet was back at our monthly shoot yesterday, here is the video! That is Denny in the still frame at the start.

https://youtu.be/7KvHeGA8-HM

The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Looks like a bunch of rag tag fellows, (wink) but having a great time. Brings back a lot of memory's of
    our ole club, had in the late 1970,s. I wish we could gather a group as that here in eastern Okla. Which
    one are you?

Fly

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    Looks like a bunch of rag tag fellows, (wink) but having a great time. Brings back a lot of memory's of
    our ole club, had in the late 1970,s. I wish we could gather a group as that here in eastern Okla. Which
    one are you?

Fly
    Buckskin shirt, big hat.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Looks like you guys had a Great time Waksupi! I Just got back from a weekend shoot myself, it was a good time had by all.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not
    "Thomas Jefferson"

Nice video. Found the link yesterday on another site. Danny does a good job on the videos. I kept wondering how bad the mosquitoes were LOL!

Indian bead bag or brown leather bag?

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Buckskin shirt, big hat.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    Indian bead bag or brown leather bag?
    Buckskin shirt, big hat.
    Also, what were you shooting? Did yours have a wooden sliding patch box?

Banned

Rick "Waksupi" Carter ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-06-14 07-53-35.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	308.0 KB 
ID:	197525

Rick's horn ....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-06-14 07-49-17.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	197526

Boolit Master

Great video. Ain't nothing like holy black!

I have to drive 100 miles one way to Winchester Virginia to get my black powder, so I load up when I go.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    Nice video. Found the link yesterday on another site. Danny does a good job on the videos. I kept wondering how bad the mosquitoes were LOL!

Mosquitoes are seldom bad here. They seem to only be in some areas, mostly up in the mountains. No idea why.

Brown bag.

I'm shooting a .40 caliber that I built. Bauska barrel, Chambers Queen Anne lock, sliding patchbox.

Banned

That's really cool stuff, and great videography.

Boolit Master

Looks like a fun time had by all!!!!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Great video! Looks like a good group of fellows who not only enjoy the hobby but each other as well . . . it just doesn't get any better!

I'm shooting a .40 caliber that I built. Bauska barrel, Chambers Queen Anne lock, sliding patchbox.

Do you have any pics of the rifle? Would love to see them along with any commentary you might have about the build and the rifle in general. I'm not surprised by it being a .40 because it looked like your shoulder hardly moved when you shot it.

Do you have any pics of the rifle? Would love to see them along with any commentary you might have about the build and the rifle in general. I'm not surprised by it being a .40 because it looked like your shoulder hardly moved when you shot it.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ther-Flintlock

Very nice build! What kind of trigger does it have? I've never seen one like it.

Boolit Master

Very nice build! What kind of trigger does it have? I've never seen one like it.
    looks like something he custom forged himself.
    pretty classy.

I believe I got it from Track of the Wolf.