PBcastcoLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Lee 6 cavity mold dimensions

Boolit Mold

Lee 6 cavity mold dimensions

Hello all, I'm building my own molds. I currently own lee 2 cavity molds but I need dimensions from a 6 cavity mold. If anyone could throw a set of calipers on one I would greatly appreciate it. What I need is the following dimensions. We'll look at the mold from the top view for reference. I need the width of one mold half, the thickness, the dimension from the top of the mold( where the sprue mounts ) to the top of the handle slot, the thickness of the handle slot, the depth of the handle slot. Also the bullet spacing center to center would be good. I am an experienced CNC machinist so this should be pretty simple. I've already done a prototype 44 mag and 41 mag cavity to measure lead diameter and truncated cone angles, corner radii and all that jazz. So if anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks! If everything works out I plan on making custom molds to any spec. Using lee handles and sprue plates for the time being. Also if anyone took the time to sketch a picture of the mold with the dimensions on it for clarity that would be cool too. Thanks!

Boolit Master
    If you are set on using Lee Sprue plates and Handles, then just buy both because you will have all the dimensions you requested.
    And when the mold is finished you can complete your project.
    But be careful making a Custom Product for Sale Based on someone elses Specs or design or parts to make it function.
    It could get you into a Patent infrindgement question if you market it with out the proper permission.

Moderator Emeritus

If you want to copy the Lee 6 holer, It would seem prudent to spent $34 (at Natchez), on a mold, for use as a sample. It'd be better than relying on someone else's measurements.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

I have a lee 6 cavity mold well beyond repair. It's probably good enough for reference. If you want it Ill send it out for shipping.
    It's only hubris if I'm wrong.